IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017
6,038 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

4 step process including video questions, Skype interview, and phone interview with manager. It was a long process over the course of at least 2 months, but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Case study question about how to manage a large territory   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick to ask a ton of questions online with urgency in an email and no call back. i felt quite misled and manipulated by the process. IBM should not send emails that imply you are a final candidate in the entry process nor should they say they will call within the week and not call back. KEEP YOUR PROMISES!

Interview Questions

• Over 1 hour worth of stuff and no call back   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Had one Interview that consisted of three 30 minute long interviews: behavioral, behavioral, case. The interviewers were extremely nice and very helpful. I did prepare for the interview for about a week or so!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • You have to meet a client in 6 hours including fly time and have never met them before. What do you do/ how do you prepare?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Applied Online- Basic application on their website. Pretty simple. Received reply within about two weeks.
    2. Coding Challenge- 3 coding challenge with 5 behavioral questions and 3 coding. Received reply that I passed within a few days.
    3. Guru Interview - 1 on 1 with a Software Developer at IBM
    4. (still waiting to do my guru interview)

Applications Developer(Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked technical questions, but no coding. Group interview. 5 other people interviewed me. What is agile development? Have you used testing in your programs? Do you know what a framework is? Why do you want to work for IBM? I did not know answers to about 50% of questions. I also am taking a summer class, so this may have been the reason why I did not get the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and prompted for GPA and work experience by email the next day.
    I replied and was asked to interview on-campus the day after that.
    I was interviewed by a team of people. (3 in the room and others on the phone listening in)
    Interview was mostly behavioral/past experiences with no technical implementation questions.
    I was kindly told 2.5 weeks later that the position was filled. Pretty good and straightforward experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in Java and Python?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your favorite project from one of your CS courses.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got an email asking to fill a coding challenge on HireVue. Had a few coding questions. Some behavioral type questions that were recorded video. And another recording of the explanation for one of the challenges. – It was all online.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

3 hours long, some technical questions some general, met with 3 people, awaiting offer
    meeting with manager, the lead, and the architect. Distance is a problem, need more flexible work/remote options

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in April 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone screen that covered my personal history and projects, I was invited onsite. There, I interviewed with a team of employees. The beginning questions were somewhat generic "tell us about yourself" as an opportunity to discuss any big school/personal work I had done. Then we moved onto the technical portion, where they gave me a scenario (building a site for a store to sell records), and asked me how I would manage the data. This portion went fairly well, with the team actively engaging me and asking additional questions during my answer, presumably as a test of how I handle working in a group setting. Left feeling pretty good about my performance.

Received a call some days afterward that all internships throughout the company had been put on hold, and so they weren't moving forward. I'm fairly certain that it was a white lie to make me feel better, but I appreciated the consideration.

Interview Questions

• Say you were building a site that sells music records. If we wanted to keep track of customer purchases, how what data would you track and how?   Answer Question

Senior Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis Park, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

It appeared to be very easy. I met with 4 different people all with positive feedback. Then nothing. I logged into the site to see my status and found that I was no longer under consideration.