IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
5,958 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Got asked some questions about my behavior things (what is one situation where someone made you upset and how did you handle it), then got told what the conditions were if they hired me (laptop, hours). Eventually I took an online number pattern test that was pretty tough but I never saw the results.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Developer Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Somewhat informal conversation with Financial Data team. Was asked behavioral questions, questions about projects I'd worked on. Thought there would be technical questions but there weren't. Interviewers were friendly and nice

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on? Describe a time when you have been challenged.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Strangest screening I have had thus far. Recruiter asked me to call them (never had that experience before). Screening was less than 10 minutes as well. Still not sure if I will be involved in next steps.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Asked to complete a phone interview with the hiring manager. This interview was casual and friendly. I was asked to speak about my resume and the interviewer asked follow up questions for more detail and for clarification.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through a university recruiting program. Interview was approximately 2 weeks after the resume drop. Interview process was 3-30 minute talks (2 behavioral, 1 case). All interviewers were very friendly, engaging - awesome experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

At the interview stage I had to answer questions from three different employees over the phone. The questions were mostly based off me giving examples of how I'd solve, or had solved problems. The process was more laid back than I had expected, and felt more like a conversation.

IBM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

First stage was a 30 minute video call, both people were very friendly and just wanted to learn more about me. Asked about past projects on resume and what I was interested in at IBM and explained the role further.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process happened on campus at school. T h ere were 3 rounds of interviews back to back after a phone call. Like any campus interviews. I had to make sure that I was prepared since I had not done a case study before. There was a techincal, a case study and a resume review. All these happened after a phone call.

Cognitive Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

It was a Hire Vue based online assessment. Total 8 questions out of which 3 coding, 4 video response, 1 location preference. It starts with location preference, followed by 3 video responses, then you will get 3 coding questions with different time allocations. Last one is again a video response to explain the logic of one of the questions

Interview Questions

• Location preference   Answer Question
    • What is the position? Why are you a good fit   Answer Question
    • Which new tech did you tech yourself? what were its pros and cons   Answer Question
    • How will you find products name from a big set of Twitter feed. Which ML algo will you use. Explain the process   Answer Question
    • Remove non-equivalent sentences from the passage   Answer Question
    • Print the sentence in reverse order with each of the words in the new sentence capatalized   Answer Question
    • Given a Tokenized sentence, extract the words and create a sentence.   Answer Question
    • Explain how did you approach code the tokenization question   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. He started by describing the research that is going on in IBM right now. Then he asked about my research and I went in substantial details. Finally he asked a couple machine learning questions, mainly on unsupervised learning. No coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would group a large collection on emails into various categories, without knowing the number or type of categories in advance.   Answer Question