IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017
6,459 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed a few weeks later and asked to fill out the online assessment. I feel like I did terrible on it. Lots of logic and patterns. I would be surprised if I got a positive response.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The skills test/interview was through Hirevue.
    There was a combination of answering questions about my experience and why I would be a good fit for the team as well as coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our team based on your experience?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 people interviewed me simultaneously over a phone. Fairly laid back. They were friendly and explained the process and functional group, and answered questions appropriately.

They were good at scheduling and follow-up. However, I never heard back from them on why I didn't get the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a bad situation?
      Explain the gaps in your experience?   Answer Question

SAP Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online, 2-3 months later got an email back asking to take an assessment. After completing that, had one phone interview. Tough interview, seemed like they were expecting me to be an expert on SAP even though it was marked as an entry level position.

Internship Interview

Interview

Two video calls a month apart, mostly asked about resume and other behavioral questions. Wanted to see what my interests were for placement, and described their roles as well. Bad part was response time, they were slow about answering questions through email.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in September 2017.

Interview

Online process using Hire Vue comprised of three open answer (mostly behavioral) questions, then three coding questions (30 min, 45 min, 45 min), then three more open answer questions that leaned more towards the technical side (i.e. Explain the method you used on the third challenge). For each open answer question, I received the prompt, had around 2 minutes or less to plan a response, then either hit record or the video started recording automatically. There was only one chance to record an answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a language you are learning right now and what its benefits and disadvantages are.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Simple and not useful, did not like it very much, phone interview for 20 minutes, the process is similar with other jobs and the person I talked to was not very happy that day

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this one?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR a week after submitting at the career fair. I was given two phone interviews by different members of the same team. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• No technical problems, mainly on the past experience on the resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somers, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Somers, NY).

Interview

most interviews are over the phone. I had 3 phone interviews because all the managers were located in different cities. The hiring manager was located on the East Coast, as was the HR screener, whereas the skills manager was located on the West Coast

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in September 2017.