IBM Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Lenexa, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied 19 jobs and got call for only one job.

One phone call - Manager call

Another phone call - Developers

manager decided and call for salary negotiation.

Apply in online and best thing is you should have the reference .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Kansas City, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through University career fair and got a call from the hiring manager after about 3 months. They said they were interested in discussing an intern position and gave me the details.

The first round was a technical and social interview with the hiring manager and the project manager and the senior tech architect of the branch. Questions were on databases, my previous projects, few more technical questions to be solved (a little complex towards the end). I was then given a programming project to be done at home and submit the code along with description.

I was interviewed on the project and few more technical questions by the hiring manager and then the third round was behavioral and social. They asked me to take an aptitude test which is a must for all their employees and was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Was called by Hiring manager and interviewd about my resume and interests. It was a good interview and the HR manager was really nice. SHe replied within a week saying I needed to complete a test. Once the test was completed I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very helpful and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Lenexa, KS) in February 2013.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at the Spring Engineering Career Fair at the University of Iowa and he took my resume and we talked a little. Shortly afterward I received an e-mail from IBM asking to set up a phone interview. A couple hours after the phone interview I received an email from a hiring manager asking me what I would expect as a salary. Finally, over the course of about 2 weeks I had to fill out an application and take an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• The question was "How do you swap two values without creating a new variable?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'll be right out of college and the offer was good, so I did not haggle with them. They offered $65,000 with relocation assistance and a $2,000 lump-sum check for miscellaneous moving expenses.

Technology Strategy Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

While this was a high level IT job, it appears the phone interviewers are checking boxes for keywords rather than having an understanding of the position and the requirements. Since I was recommended by an existing IBM employee, I guess I expected a little closer look. My biggest disappointment was that after going through the interview, I was asked about minimum salary requirements. I felt everything was going good and then the phone screen was over and the interviewer felt I might be better qualified for a lower position. The poor part about this was the way it was handled. From now on, I will be asking the phone interviewer what the salary range is before I start the interview so I don't waste my time. Sadly, based on the preferred experience, I believe I was more than qualified and have my salary history has been higher than my minimum, but I didn't want to price myself out of a potential interview. I suspect a hiring manager would have had a different take on my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your minimum salary requirement?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Kansas City, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online but used my network as references. Had to do 2 rounds of phone interviews then 3 face to face interviews with various managers. After the final round of interviews, the hiring manager told me he wanted to offer me a position but it would come from HR. It took about a week to hear back from HR but the whole process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• What would your mentor say is the area you need the most improvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not budge on base but I did negotiate a sign on bonus.