IBM Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

A phone screen was scheduled by the recruiter. A total of 15-20 minutes was spent with them discussing the role, my experience and my requirements. A lot of open ended questions were asked. There were not too many answers to my questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Everything went as planned. I had a good time talking to my interviewer, the problems that they asked were very much in line with what I expected. Unfortunately, in the end I didn't get an offer, but will try again in the future.

Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

A 10 minute phone call to gauge interest and set up an interview. The interview was a standard coding challenge. Everyone was very professional and reflected well on the company

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Image result for describe the interview process
    The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates, and making a hire

Interview Questions

• How do handle yourself under stress?   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Received an email notification months later informing me of a HireVue coding challenge that I have to do. Was told the virtual interview would be conducted by a recorded version of Watson asking the questions. There were three coding and five video questions. Two of the video questions ask you to expound on how you solved one of the coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• The first was a fizzbuzz that you could find on Leetcode. The others were more string manipulation, pseudo-database implementation etc. Know your data structures.   Answer Question

Cognitive/AI Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1 long and grueling online coding round, I think the second round was mostly technical but recording yourself on a webcam, third and final round was a one-on-one primarily behavioral. My experience was terrible because my recruiter was so unimaginably awful. She was so bad that I'm turned off of IBM forever; it was very congruent with what many are saying about IBM -- they really could not possibly care less about you as a person. One example -- she texted me at around 8 PM one night asking if I was up for the final round interview the next morning. I replied saying very explicitly that I was NOT available the next morning. Thirty minutes later I get an e-mail saying "Interview Reminder", or something like that, as she apparently went ahead and scheduled the interview anyway... during my midterm.... And that's just one example. Don't apply here - it's not only challenging and extremely time-intensive but also frankly just very bizarre. There are plenty of better companies with better opportunities and more reasonable interview processes.

Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Submitted resume and invited for 1 hour interview. Interview was 30 minutes with a recruiter and 30 minutes with the head of the marketing internship program.

Cognitive Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online around January and contacted a recruiter. Late February I got an email with a Coding Challenge link. I took the online interview, which consisted of video questions and coding problems. The online interview took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions were Java/Python questions related to string manipulation. Non-technical video questions, such as "what got you interested in IBM?"   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied online and received a Coding challenge invite. The test duration is for 3 hours. It has a few behavioral questions and 3 coding questions. The coding questions are based on string manipulation(one similar to FizzBuzz, one similar to finding common substring, one similar to finding lowest common ancestor in a tree). The test will usually take the entire duration allotted.
    The second round is a live digital interview with one of the technical folks. I was asked about my previous experience and projects worked on after which I was asked a coding question. The question was based on recursion and dynamic programming.

Interview Questions

• In the live digital interview, I was asked to code to determine all possible telephone numbers from a mobile keypad in a situation where every digit can only make knight moves on the keypad.   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter to schedule a on demand video interview. the process was about an hour. there was 13 questions in total. some of them were short answer some of them were oral response. the questions include technical questions as well as some general behavior questions. The process was not too hard in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Q1: how do you deal with missing value   1 Answer