IBM Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Interview

They did a super-quick pre-screen to ask about my current employment, legal status, and willingness to relocate. When I gave what I assumed where the correct answers, they told me to send them a detailed description of my current salary + benefits. Um, after 10 minutes of conversation? Seems pretty premature, buddy.

Interview Questions

• What is your current employment situation?
    What is your legal/visa situation?
    Are you willing to relocate?
    Please send us a complete description of current or previous compensation.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Be ready with 10th class memo, recruitment team will try their level best to find a reason until they meet their business target, i.e., a candidate with less salary, until then either you will not be called or kept in reserve without any information and you are a hound or your memo is too much old, a bit folded or torn so they can't offer. If everything is alright, may ask for study certificate or 9th certificate, in the certificate if something missing you are done. While you kept waiting like a hound until they come back, the reject or no offer answer is told in a second, without any explanation or no time. They don't need talent, they need less budgeted or something already fixed, you are one of the show list. No professionalism. I wish the recruitment team who playing to meet their KRA (budget) will definitely come across similar situation, and face challenges and difficulties, loose the motivation and demoralised. Though you are talented, it is going to be real pandora box, tensed until you are told something.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, one with recruiter one with line management. So nothing special just a short process. Basic questions, heard before not very creative. The managers seemed desperate to get people. The recruiters asked easy basic questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Telephone screening,followed by 1:1 telephonic and then onsite 1:1 interview with HR, Line managers. Very smooth process and limited waiting time. Usually well organised. Screening is around reasons for leaving, discussions about the job, current role etc. Line managers interview questions around relevant experience. Overall good experience for candidates, HR very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Questions around relevant experience and behaviour based.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2014.

Interview

hr performs first round of interviews. straight forward with salary and package. job scope however are left for the second round interviewers. salary details include expanses and relocation packages.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

More of a discussion. No grilling. Started with a phone discussion with HR and later with hiring manager over the call. Post that I had scheduled discussions with stakeholders in the US (usually called program sponsor). FInally, I had to go to office and meet the hiring manager and his boss for a general discussion.

Interview Questions

• Expertise and examples of tasks undertaken in previous jobs   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews from hiring manager, second line manager and HR

Interview Questions

• the company could be a leader in technology but sometimes there are manual work to be done; how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Was good as I was lucky to be interviewed and selected by a good person

Interview Questions

• the interviewer didn't have enough knowledge of the job and shot some vague questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

good

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was hired as software developer out of school. The interview process starts with screening call, then followed by 2-4 interviews that happen in the same day.

Interview Questions

• You will get some what-if scenarios and some specific technical questions based on the team you are joining.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

The most successful candidates have more than a surface understanding of our company and businesses, industry trends, the positions for which they are interviewing, the product they’d be working on, and the market for those products.

There will be 3 more round of interview , but they are very easy

Interview Questions

• You’re in a room with three light switches, each of which controls one of three light bulbs in the next room. Your task is to determine which switch controls which bulb. All lights are initially off, and you can't see into one room from the other. You may inspect the room only once. How can you determine which switch is connected to which light bulb?   Answer Question