IBM Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

I had a number of telephone discussions with multiple HR personnel throughout the process -- an initial screening and then follow-up discussions as the process progressed. In addition, there were both telephone and in-person interviews with leadership and other people on the team.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a challenging situation or client at work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM in November 2015.

Interview

Excellent process and lines of inquiry on experience and other elements of background, very thorough and focused on the proper skill set and its relevance to their business and segments. Was impressed by preparation and attention to detail.

Manager Interview

Interview

They did a super-quick pre-screen to ask about my current employment, legal status, and willingness to relocate. When I gave what I assumed where the correct answers, they told me to send them a detailed description of my current salary + benefits. Um, after 10 minutes of conversation? Seems pretty premature, buddy.

Interview Questions

• What is your current employment situation?
      What is your legal/visa situation?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Please send us a complete description of current or previous compensation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was for managerial position and it took almost two months in the entire process which was quite broken on the HR side. They were pathetic in terms of organization and process detailing. I spent a lot of energy, money and cancelled a lot of plans just to make sure that I was there for all their so-called process needs. I had three different rounds and each round went well as the interviewers were good but the overall process was a pain. IBM has become process oriented in an unnecessary manner. The downside was the HR process. Finally I said good bye to the HR team and declined the offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Be ready with 10th class memo, recruitment team will try their level best to find a reason until they meet their business target, i.e., a candidate with less salary, until then either you will not be called or kept in reserve without any information and you are a hound or your memo is too much old, a bit folded or torn so they can't offer. If everything is alright, may ask for study certificate or 9th certificate, in the certificate if something missing you are done. While you kept waiting like a hound until they come back, the reject or no offer answer is told in a second, without any explanation or no time. They don't need talent, they need less budgeted or something already fixed, you are one of the show list. No professionalism. I wish the recruitment team who playing to meet their KRA (budget) will definitely come across similar situation, and face challenges and difficulties, loose the motivation and demoralised. Though you are talented, it is going to be real pandora box, tensed until you are told something.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, one with recruiter one with line management. So nothing special just a short process. Basic questions, heard before not very creative. The managers seemed desperate to get people. The recruiters asked easy basic questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Telephone screening,followed by 1:1 telephonic and then onsite 1:1 interview with HR, Line managers. Very smooth process and limited waiting time. Usually well organised. Screening is around reasons for leaving, discussions about the job, current role etc. Line managers interview questions around relevant experience. Overall good experience for candidates, HR very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Questions around relevant experience and behaviour based.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2014.

Interview

hr performs first round of interviews. straight forward with salary and package. job scope however are left for the second round interviewers. salary details include expanses and relocation packages.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

More of a discussion. No grilling. Started with a phone discussion with HR and later with hiring manager over the call. Post that I had scheduled discussions with stakeholders in the US (usually called program sponsor). FInally, I had to go to office and meet the hiring manager and his boss for a general discussion.

Interview Questions

• Expertise and examples of tasks undertaken in previous jobs   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews from hiring manager, second line manager and HR

Interview Questions

• the company could be a leader in technology but sometimes there are manual work to be done; how do you handle it?   Answer Question