IBM Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was for managerial position and it took almost two months in the entire process which was quite broken on the HR side. They were pathetic in terms of organization and process detailing. I spent a lot of energy, money and cancelled a lot of plans just to make sure that I was there for all their so-called process needs. I had three different rounds and each round went well as the interviewers were good but the overall process was a pain. IBM has become process oriented in an unnecessary manner. The downside was the HR process. Finally I said good bye to the HR team and declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM in January 2011.

Interview

First was the Telephonic interview..
    Then was called for face to face
    Finally was called by HR to discuss the salary and the other benefits.
    Then I got the offer letter and was asked to confirm within 1 week to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions with the way I handled the projects..
      Type of projects I executed and the
      No. of resources i handled during the project execution.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Very Professional . Great People .

Interview Questions

• Challenging situations u faced & what behavior/ competency u demonstrated   Answer Question

Negotiation

Enjoying . team was flexible & understood my needs & worked out solutions accordingly

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews from hiring manager, second line manager and HR

Interview Questions

• the company could be a leader in technology but sometimes there are manual work to be done; how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was hired as software developer out of school. The interview process starts with screening call, then followed by 2-4 interviews that happen in the same day.

Interview Questions

• You will get some what-if scenarios and some specific technical questions based on the team you are joining.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview

atmosphere was very businesslike.employees were friendly,courtious and helpfull.great office conditions and on site cafeteria.food price were competive and food was good,interviewer made me relaxed and the there were no trick questions.salary,benefits and careers were explained in depth.relocation package was eplained.maternity leave and leave of absence was presented.it was noted that travel would be involved.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in May 2008.

Interview

I got to the interview process through employee referral. There were three phone interviews and one 1:1 interview. All questions were on management and strategy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Should have.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM in November 2015.

Interview

Excellent process and lines of inquiry on experience and other elements of background, very thorough and focused on the proper skill set and its relevance to their business and segments. Was impressed by preparation and attention to detail.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

I had a number of telephone discussions with multiple HR personnel throughout the process -- an initial screening and then follow-up discussions as the process progressed. In addition, there were both telephone and in-person interviews with leadership and other people on the team.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a challenging situation or client at work?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Be ready with 10th class memo, recruitment team will try their level best to find a reason until they meet their business target, i.e., a candidate with less salary, until then either you will not be called or kept in reserve without any information and you are a hound or your memo is too much old, a bit folded or torn so they can't offer. If everything is alright, may ask for study certificate or 9th certificate, in the certificate if something missing you are done. While you kept waiting like a hound until they come back, the reject or no offer answer is told in a second, without any explanation or no time. They don't need talent, they need less budgeted or something already fixed, you are one of the show list. No professionalism. I wish the recruitment team who playing to meet their KRA (budget) will definitely come across similar situation, and face challenges and difficulties, loose the motivation and demoralised. Though you are talented, it is going to be real pandora box, tensed until you are told something.