IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions in Canada

1.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

I got in via an employee referral. I had 2 very easy discussions with Associate Partners, followed by a discussion with a Partner. It was very easy. No case was given.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was in three steps, first I was contacted by HR, high level questions, a very important one was if I was available for travelling. Second interview was with the AP, general questions, nothing complicated, third interview was with the team leader, more technical questions but easy overall. After that I received a verbal offer, no salary negotiation allowed, almost one month later after the backgrounds check were cleared I got the final offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Not complicated, too technical but all questions expected   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, try to set your expectations at the first contact with HR, after that it would be complicated to move. Of course, they'll always try to put you on the lower range, but think that once inside IBM it will be very tough to move from one band to the other and get a salary increase.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the recruiters who was actually looking for a contract resource. But knowing that I was only interested in a permanent position, referred my case to her colleague. I subsequently had a technical interview followed by 2 interviews by Associate partners. All my interviews were done by phone - no in person interview. I was made a offer after 3 months after the initial contact and was offered a pay lower than what my comparable colleagues were offered. This was subsequently fixed after 2 years.

Interview Questions

• I had a fairly easy ride thru the interviews process. Was not posed any tricky or difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the pay that much and as a result discovered subsequently that I was offered a lower end of the pay package