IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bethesda, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

I was invited to an interviewing session at one of the IBM local offices. There were about 10 candidates and 5 or 6 interviewers.
I found it to be easy, and relaxed process.
Very typical modern interview. Talked about past experience, current trends, aspirations, abilities, competencies, and what they have to offer in terms of immediate projects.
They were looking for security generalists that can do customer-facing without dropping a ball and screwing an engagement.

Interview Questions

• There were none. They did not try to catch me off guard or ask something difficult. No phony questions. Normal conversation. We became friends and stayed in touch later, even though we haven't worked together on the same projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not negotiate during the interview. During the interview only the ballpark number is being discussed. Later on, IBM recruiter, who initially sourced you, will negotiate the compensation with you. Bargain, but stay reasonably close to the ballpark you had articulated during the interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

1st round - HR basic interview
    2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
    3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
    The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave expected range and I got in the range

Managing Consultant Interview

Interview

covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process involves one telephonic technical interview. One face to face technical interview and one face to face behavioral interview. They used to have a group discussion and presentation step in the process but that has been eliminated now (2013)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

IBM doesn't negotiate on salary

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Very structured. There was a phone screen, followed by in-person interview and group presentations. A coordinator from IBM coordinated all travel details. People in the interview process were very knowledgeable folks - people you'll like to work for.

Interview Questions

• What are the best and worst incidents in your work life and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews; in all it took over four weeks, I did not hear back, I tried to check with contacts but they could not provide update on the next interview. I understand that the interview process could take a while. I do not have further information about the process.

Interview Questions

• Introduction, general discussion about the group and personal experience   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

Had telephonic interview with team mates, Hiring manager and VP of team. Each clearly explained to me the role and what I would be doing. Went through my experience in detail over the last 3 years. It was good experience. Every one was curtious and professional. Recuriter followed up after end of interviews and keep me informed on the progress. Ended up taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain different consulting methodologies   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Be aware of un professional recruiters who would lie to get the candidates in. The interview itself was average with few questions about yourself and to walk through your experience and client facing projects you had in the past few years

Interview Questions

• Questions about yourself and to walk through your experience and client facing projects you had in the past few years   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.   Answer Question