IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC).

Interview

Knew hiring manager from previous firm. Offered position prior to speaking with corporate recruiter, who actually was more of hindrance than an asset for the process. I was an experienced hire and was hired some time ago so my experiences are likely not the norm. IBM is currently focused on hiring resources directly out of college with little if any real work experience. Also, hiring outside of traditional STEM disciplines. I've recently seen a recent graduate in "graphics" get a job in Global Business Services - don't know what the think was there...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1 with recruiter via phone who later on I spoke with to negotitate salary. 2 with a manager via phone. 3 with a managing partner in person

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest size of team that you led in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Face-to-face and they will fly and board you to where ever the IBM unit is based. They will ask questions that will how your competence in the field you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role you are applying for   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.
      Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

Had telephonic interview with team mates, Hiring manager and VP of team. Each clearly explained to me the role and what I would be doing. Went through my experience in detail over the last 3 years. It was good experience. Every one was curtious and professional. Recuriter followed up after end of interviews and keep me informed on the progress. Ended up taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain different consulting methodologies   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Interview

covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

1st round - HR basic interview
    2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
    3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
    The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave expected range and I got in the range

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews; in all it took over four weeks, I did not hear back, I tried to check with contacts but they could not provide update on the next interview. I understand that the interview process could take a while. I do not have further information about the process.

Interview Questions

• Introduction, general discussion about the group and personal experience   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Hiring process is very clean and simple. It took 3 months from the day I submitted my profiele on IBM job portal. Intially there is telephonic round they after 1 month they called for F2F interview. IBM will flew me out to nearest IBM office for F2F interview. Interview process is well defined with schedule. There were 3 rounds of interview with different people each of them of 30 min. Overall experience is positive.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

interview was great, initially I went thru phone interview to screen skills and experience, then two one on one interview: the one going thru character, personality; then 2nd one went thru deep dive skills