IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter, in-person interview consisted of teamwork with other candidates to strategize and present solution regarding a fictitious problem for a fictitious company, written essay regarding past challenging project, 3 one-on-one interviews that involved technical and behavioral questions. Interview was very stressful but I was very impressed with the process and dedication to finding the right candidates.

Interview Questions

• The project review and proposal was difficult in general. Be prepared to be put on the spot and show your creativity and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in June 2010.

Interview

Recruiting process was good.
    Recruitment lead easily reachable.
    Interview coordination done offshore.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relocation Allowance.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in July 2007.

Interview

Was flown to the meeting location, asked questions about the CRM and data management industry, then told why IBM is superior as a company. The Partner asked me why I thought I was worthy of IBM and I was told to describe how my personal hiring would increase the stock value for shareholders. I was told that I would travel 6 days per week and that my utulization rate would be 94%.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Painful.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)).

Interview

Candidate apply for job > Call is initiated > 3 rounds of interview > Put me on hold for 1.5 months because of salary > They called me for final settlement and reduce 2lac from what they offer me as contractor > I agreed (it was big mistake) > 10 yrs of IT journey sal is only double compare of market it should be 4 times more.

Interview Questions

• Technical question related to UI Design, leadership, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

interview was great, initially I went thru phone interview to screen skills and experience, then two one on one interview: the one going thru character, personality; then 2nd one went thru deep dive skills

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

2 Tech Interviews and 1 Fact to fact interview with HR and other stuff. Process took long time but ended good. They also has a group discussion case study and we all were divided in few groups. There was no one correct answer. Each of us needed to present the case study. Overall I liked the process but it just too long.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Face-to-face and they will fly and board you to where ever the IBM unit is based. They will ask questions that will how your competence in the field you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role you are applying for   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got contacted after a month. Process was the following:
    Telephone interview with hiring manager
    Face to face with hiring manager
    Panel presentation to senior partners
    Technical interview over phone.
    Face to face with team member
    Job offer

The whole experience was pleasant and very professional. The people interviewing me were senior leaders in the organisation. If I had to fault anything, it was the time taken between 1st application and final start date. (Approx 6 months). I suppose they want to hire the best and will take their time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate salary as the offer given was way above my current salary. It was deliberate to avoid counter offers

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process involves one telephonic technical interview. One face to face technical interview and one face to face behavioral interview. They used to have a group discussion and presentation step in the process but that has been eliminated now (2013)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

IBM doesn't negotiate on salary