IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got contacted after a month. Process was the following:
Telephone interview with hiring manager
Face to face with hiring manager
Panel presentation to senior partners
Technical interview over phone.
Face to face with team member
Job offer

The whole experience was pleasant and very professional. The people interviewing me were senior leaders in the organisation. If I had to fault anything, it was the time taken between 1st application and final start date. (Approx 6 months). I suppose they want to hire the best and will take their time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate salary as the offer given was way above my current salary. It was deliberate to avoid counter offers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Pre-assessment centre:
    Submit CV and competency questions (eg. why IBM, why strategic analytics, how your previous experience proves your capabilites).
    Online tests: numerical problem solving, verbal reasoning, numerical pattern recognition (called the IPAT test)

If successful, assessment centre:
    Re-sit online tests.
    Group exercise - working as a team to solve a logical puzzle.

If successful, in-person interviews that day, and if they are successful, then further in-person interviews on another date.

Interview Questions

• The in-office repeat of the online tests seemed more difficult - perhaps because half the calculators barely worked.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

Be sure to know about IBM's current business and technology investments. Follow recent news around IBM. Don't be too forward or aggressive during assessment centers. They are looking for team players.