IBM Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Very easy going 1st interview. The person was very open to answering any and all questions I had. The second interview occurred the second day and it was more in depth but again very pleasant. This was a university hire so that may have played into the how the review went.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The person hiring me was fairly open to negotiating and was accepted all of my demands.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Started out very professional, did a series of phone interviews, then it got a little strange when I went into the office for a round of in-person interviews. I met with a group of people who seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves about facebook posts then actually interviewing me. They asked questions not relevant to the job description which threw me off. Though this may not have been their fault as I think there was some miscommunication about the role's expectations in that specific division. I got the impression I was their first interview, which didn't bode well for me. I came in prepared to discuss a website redesign project as per my previous phone conversations. When I brought this up to the group they didn't even think the redesign was happening. They were nice enough but didn't seem to know what to ask - there was clearly a disconnect between them and the other people I'd spoken to over the phone - and since I'd prepared a whole proposal about optimizing their new site, I was at a loss too. I also interviewed with another individual who seemed rushed and frazzled and answered my questions with vague responses. He was clearly not prepared or all that interested in conducting an interview. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Waste of time. Not that I would have taken the job, but no one ever followed-up not even to thank me for my time or tell me they'd filled the position. I expected more from IBM.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Initial screening phone interview with HR person. Invited to networking event with number of hiring managers. Continued with 5 phone interviews. After verbal offer, process included background check, and drug testing. Written offer letter received 2 months after application. All interviewers were courteous, and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would work in highly matrixed organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary, but not vacation time or job title.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screening, then face-to-face interview 2 weeks later. Offer came about 4 weeks after F2F interview

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Talked about the industry in general, so be sure you know who the main players are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Several interviews. Subject specific. Mature interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially I had a phone interview. I interviewed with a director who asked me about my background and skill set. Afterwards I had interviews with 2 managers (one who eventually became my manager.) The first of these interviews was in person. We reviewed my resume, discussed current projects and what area I could be of use in. This included a discussion of my past course and a couple hypothetical questions. The second interview was a phone interview. In this interview we once again discussed my qualifications and I got a better look at the whole marketing team. After this I was verbally offered the job but due to corporate maneuverings I wasn't brought on board. 6 months later I received a call and was once again offered a position which solidified into my current position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with my salary and did not negotiate, but I would recommend that if offered a position ask for a higher amount. It can't hurt as long as you don't grossly overestimate your potential salary. The worst they can do is say no. I am left wondering if perhaps I could have been paid more.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Direct easy but very one sided they just wanted a warm body so all I did was listen to the interviewer and just say yes to most questions strange process especially if you want a person to come in and add value right away but they did mention they wanted independent thinkers

Interview Questions

• they asked me if i wanted to grow with the company and i said yes they are looking for people who will commit long term to IBM and will provide value to all aspects of their business people that they can move around from division to division   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2007.

Interview

It was very precise, process was laid out up front, and they moved me through a variety of superiors and peers. They focussed on skills and team chemistry. They were very interested in education and previous experieince, but I think they also wanted to know what my long term plan is. IBM prides itself on very low turnover so they want to be sure you are interested in a long term relationship. They were also very upfront about being flexible with time and work location and I work from home all the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer and immediately asked if that wasn't enough to let them know. They didn't move too much off the first offer which was generous but not outrageous.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Just a formality. The HR group makes decisions in advance of where people can be moved. The interviews are rudimentary with Managers pretending they know what they need.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

Received call on scheduled interview from IBM HR. After meeting hiring manager, had a phone interview with the hiring manager's manager.
    The first and second interview were very fast. within a week but I NEVER heard from the HR again after my 20 min phone interview.

I've followed up with HR but was ignored.No matter what, I've went for interview, I thought even IBM is not hiring me, I deserve better respect.