IBM Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

2.3

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis Park, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

It appeared to be very easy. I met with 4 different people all with positive feedback. Then nothing. I logged into the site to see my status and found that I was no longer under consideration.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't at all that bad did one phone interview along with two in person interviews. Basic interview questions are ask and some small technical questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Two interviews a 30 minutes each. Very casual with the intent of vetting out your personality rather than putting you on the spot. People are the stereotypical Minnesota-nice. The facility looks amazing when you interview, however, do not expect that to stay true once you start working at IBM. They have a quick turnaround on the process and will let you know within a week if you will be given an offer or not. Beware that applying through the IBM website may take up to 6 months before it lands at the program director for the COE.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as 'Tell me about one time when you...'   Answer Question

Lead Patent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

They call you in and ask you to go over your experience. Be prepared to provide a few patent applications or Office Action responses. They are also looking for experience leading teams of new attorneys.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an attorney respond negatively to your comments on their work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Call was set up for later that week. It consisted of two different calls, one right after the other. The first was entirely behavioral, and was someone out of the HR dept. The second one was more technical. They estimated an hour total, but mine ran an hour and fifteen minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Excel?
      Give an example when you were constrained by a deadline on a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Two part interview. First part went over personal skills and questioned how well you are able to work. The second part was more technical, questions about program familiarity were asked.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be able to get a project done with multiple people across multiple locations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews with two managers from various areas of finance. One manager conducted in an interview in a manner that covered my skills, experiences working and what I knew about IBM. The second interview was primarily filled with questions in a CAR style, most of the questions tested my financial knowledge and what strengths/weaknesses I had.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge from peers, how did you overcome the challenge and what strategies did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 different people, mostly just questions relating to how you handle different situations. Interviewers were very easy to talk to, and gave great feedback on my answers to their questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you implemented a change at work, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone 2 part interview, two different managers from the department ask you a series of questions the second interview is a lot more you asking them questions.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Long interview process, the interview went for 1 hour and was split between two interviewers. They didn't interview for any particular job which I thought was strange. They also told me I got the job after 24 hours but didn't tell me my first day of employment for 2 months

Interview Questions

• Speak about life experiences   1 Answer