IBM Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very heavy process, and they use a website that kicked me out several times! Also no human contact everything is done through the Internet! I really didn't feel a good vibe from this process, it was too mecanical for me!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

phone screen through recruiter, one technical round with IBM employee,one senior developer and project manager ,interview was fairly easy ,i was not permanent position ,it was a contract position.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

One recruiter called, then Hiring manager, then interview. Performed well in the interview. But no reply after one week. Asked for updated, then they said I am not selected. But interviewer spoke about next round, and work environment, so I would recommend do not put too much expectation on offer even if you perform well in the interview. I could have opted for in person interview rather than phone-in.

Leading to AfricaProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position. I was contacted after 2 months.I then had a phone interview with HR and a Skype interview with the team leaders. It was a software engineering role for the summer. I waited about 2 weeks before i heard back from them. The HR lady was extremely nice and gave me extensive feedback on my performance on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Define Inheritance in java.
      Write a snippet of code to find all the prime numbers between 1 and 50   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Via Recruiter. Very friendly. Technical test.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Since we were in different cities, it consisted of a phone interview with 2 project office team members. The interview consisted of discussion of skills and background as well as Behavioral Descriptive Interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were having difficulty getting a team member to complete tasks and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

basic computer knowledge questions:

1) what does USB stand for?

2) how do you access network settings?

3) when an application stops working, which combination of buttons do you press? cntrl + alt + del

other very easy questions.

the interview was pretty basic as well..

why do you want this position?

how would your previous experience help you in this position?

please go through your cv / introduce yourself...

Negotiation

none

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online, i had a certification on the technical work the position required, so it made it easy for the interviewer and me.

Interview questions were from the job resume/projects in the resume. Walk- through of the past experience was requested by interviews and questions were raised/asked from each of the experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level in Websphere in a scale of 1-10   1 Answer
    • What is your understanding of ITIL processes   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated on the joining bonus. Was offered a $5000 as joining bonus.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

le processus de recrutement a commencé par un tour de IBM à l'UQAM, par la suite, ils ont invité certains étudiants qu'ils trouvent potentiel au programme à un mixer dans lequel il y'avait plusieurs managers qui travaillent chez IBM. leur but, c'étaient de sélectionner les étudiants de qualité qui vont être interviewer, ceux ou celles qui ont été sélectionnés vont être invités à une entrevue dans le siège sociale de IBM à Montréal .

Les questions durant l'entrevue étaient facile. il y avait des question d'ordre générale (mise en situation) et des questions sur les expérience acquises

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for IBM ?
      How would you imagine yourself in 10 years ?
      How do you handle decisions in a teamwork ?
      And questions about my experience ex what did you do in that job, how did you manage situations, etc.   Answer Question

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Il faut faire une demande en ligne. Ensuite, vous recevrez une invitation au cocktail de réseautage si votre candidature en ligne retenue. Après, vous serez invités en entrevue si vous avez capté l'attention des employés présents au cocktail.