IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

370 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

very detailed behavioral questions. it was at least 10 questions and a group panel interview. then a vp interview and a presentation and questionnaire to complete.

Interview Questions

• what has been the biggest challenge in project?   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at an a campus event and applied online. One week later, was invited to take an online challenge through HireVue -- 5 video responses (3 of which were technical) and 3 programming problems. Five days to complete, recommended to do within a 3 hour time frame. I completed the coding challenge and am waiting to hear back now

Interview Questions

• What is Polymorphism and give an example   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Grueling . You need to have a good knowledge of data structures as well as parsing. You need to really clear your mind and to be relaxed. Study long beforehand

Application

Interview

The interview was straightforward and easy. The interviewers were all incredibly friendly and helpful people. They really looked to see if you were an interesting person that they wanted to work with and could think critically.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to design an ERP system that manages human resources, what features do you think you should include? (After knowing that I had no knowledge in this area so I would have to guess)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Two days finish line event, require to design minimum variable product.
    It is better to have a prototype using IBM product like node-red, bluemix/watson API.
    It is a team work and every team has an mentor which is very helpful.

Sales Summit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Either a series of phone calls and one-on-one interviews or an in-person hiring event. I participated in a phone screening followed by an in-person interview with a sales manager. The phone screening included situational questions while the in-person focused more specifically on the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you dealt with a chaotic situation in the work place and what you did to handle it.   Answer Question

Strategy Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY).

Interview

Two on campus interviews followed by three back to back on site interviews. The interviews covered a wide variety of styles and methods. I think interviewers were careful to portray different personalities to see how adaptable candidates are.

Interview Questions

• Several case questions about economic and business cases   1 Answer

Consultant - Blockchain Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the position. Then, a second recruiter called and said I would not be suitable for the position for my lack of professional experience. It seemed like a typical strategy to wean people out, but I had a lot to say, so I described my experience and passion for technology, and I asked to be put through anyway, especially since a previous recruiter had asked me to apply. I was then in contact with two other recruiters who helped me schedule interviews for the rest of the process. This next step involved a simple phone call with someone in the practice, and we had to reschedule several times for some reason. I was not optimistic with these signs, but I was persistent, so I continued to reschedule. After the successful phone call, we moved onto an in-person interview held at a cafe near the interviewer's office. He was late but courteous. My doubts about the application process (as a result of the logistics up to this point) were dispelled by the viewpoints of my interviewers about the company and their teams. Following this, I was scheduled for an on-site interview; although it was not strictly necessary, as I had interviewed in person already, I thought it best to have another point of contact. The interviews in the office were very smooth, and I had someone on the team helping with the logistics, so the whole process that day was very smooth. The last few emails with recruiters after that point were quick, and within a couple of weeks after that, I received a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate. They're fair.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Recruiter scheduled call
    3. Telephone interview with Manager
    4. Telephone interview with Peer Manager
    5. Video interview with another manager

Total Time: 2 months

Comments:
    These interviews were over a two month period and after each interview there was little feedback. Finally, after the last interview I had to check my status on the Career site to see the job was on "HOLD" and "Under Manager Review". IBMers on Quora said this meant I was still under consideration. A few weeks later with still no word from the recruiter, I checked again and found the "JOB WAS CANCELED".

I had expected more from IBM after going through 4 interviews and I am not impressed and wary of ever applying for another position given their current recruiting processes as well as the company itself. IBM has strayed far from its well known status as being one of the best tech companies to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide younger co-workers to speak with customers for insights rather than just GOOGLE-ing for an answer?   Answer Question

Applications Developer(Java) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked technical questions, but no coding. Group interview. 5 other people interviewed me. What is agile development? Have you used testing in your programs? Do you know what a framework is? Why do you want to work for IBM? I did not know answers to about 50% of questions. I also am taking a summer class, so this may have been the reason why I did not get the position.