IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 25, 2017

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter that I was one of 10 candidates. The next day I was informed that I was now one of two candidates that was being considered. A call was setup and I called in 3 minutes before the call was to take place. They were still interviewing the other candidate and I was asked to hold for a moment, which I did. Once the call began, the main interviewer (there were two of them) rambled on for at least 5 minutes about the position. He then turned the questioning over to the other interviewer and she proceeded to ask me several questions about Marketing Strategy. In a nutshell, at the end of the call they told me that they did not feel good about the call because all I discussed was Strategy and I did not elaborate on Execution, even though they never asked me any questions about execution. They also informed me that they needed to cut the call short without ever asking if I had any questions. This was a huge waste of my time and one of the most unprofessional interviews I have ever had. I also feel like they already had a candidate in mind and they were just going through the motions. I lost alot of respect today for what I thought was a great company. Very disappointing and shocking that IBM would conduct themselves in this manner.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your SEO process.   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Eight questions via HireVue: five behavioral video responses and three coding. The coding questions relied heavily on string manipulation (parsing, modifying using STL algorithms), and touched on data structures. One had to be comfortable with unordered maps and how to best utilize them (i.e., determine which should be the key and which should be the value for optimal search performance).

Interview Questions

• Define polymorthism and give an example   Answer Question
    • Given a passage, filter out any passage that is present in the other passages. The passages must also be formatted based on a series of rules (blocks of whitespace should be treated as one whitespace, symbols should be ignored, etc)   1 Answer
    • Fizzbuzz.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was decent just a quick little interview. Then boom "I'll call you within a few days". Never reached out. Overall I don't think they were interested in me anyway

Entry Level Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took place online. Felt like making a Youtube interview, and IBM recommends that you dress up the same way you would during an actual interview. The first few questions consisted of a basic introduction such has who are you, where did you attend school and why, when did you solve a problem, etc. The next section is a 30 minute coding session for a single question. You can't pause.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a good interview all in all. Was asked basic It questions and had to describe my knowledge of C+ and the windows operating system. Was also asked about my past experience. Was a typical IT interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They never got back to me or answered my emails. i get that you don't get back to all resumes, but if someone has interviewed, an email should be answered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked about past project and my background on resume for almost 10 minutes. The recruiter cared about why IBM and went specific into my answer. Answered a technical question. Gave me about five minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• function nStrStr(str1, str2)
      How many str1 appeared in str2
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a email to a Hirevue interview. The interview takes about 3 to 4 hours. You get 3 behavior questions and 3 programming exercises of 1 hour each. The programming exercises are fairly simple, some FizzBuzz problem and searching. It has been 6 weeks and I have not heard back from them yet.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Face to face interview setting together with 3 PMs, asking tech questions ( in Java) as well as software development flow questions ( agile, scrum, TDD, etc). Took around 2 hours, 1 round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

screen interview. It took almost two hours. some behavior question and data structure. There are three coding question and one question you need to explain your thought. the questions are basic but the coding are a little difficult.