IBM Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and prompted for GPA and work experience by email the next day.
    I replied and was asked to interview on-campus the day after that.
    I was interviewed by a team of people. (3 in the room and others on the phone listening in)
    Interview was mostly behavioral/past experiences with no technical implementation questions.
    I was kindly told 2.5 weeks later that the position was filled. Pretty good and straightforward experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in Java and Python?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your favorite project from one of your CS courses.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty elongated considering I first heard back in October and interviews started in January. I had a phone interview with a product manager and a HireVue interview with another product manager that consisted of behavorial-style questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision?
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you responded?
      Answer Question

Advisary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

IBM really sucks all frogs. You don't want to work for IBM. Last place I would want to work. I would not want my brother to work there. They really suck

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems with working every weekend and or every week? Do you want to work at home? Forget it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on the phone interview. First half was describing the position to me and the second half was behavioral questions. Overall, it was a pretty standard interview apart from me being unprepared to discuss the technology trends.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in college and why?
      What do you do to keep up with trends in the technology industry?
      Answer Question

Advisory Software Engineer (Band 8) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Two Rounds:
    1: Coding challenge and 2 Technical questions along with few behavioral questions.
    2: Phone interview with technical questions and asked explanation on the coding questions.

Coding Challenge and other technical questions were easy, but didn't hear from the company yet

Interview Questions

• Sub-passage problem, Common Manager problem and Why did i chose this role at IBM   1 Answer

Software Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

This was for an internal transfer. I applied online and then met with the hiring manager and had a general discussion about my background and skills. Then had a second interview with the team lead. They informally offered me the job but then two weeks later I was told there was a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

• Write a sample program on a whiteboard to implement the FizzBuzz test.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It started with a simple phone screening, run me through your resume etc... after that I had a 45 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. The interviewer was very engaging and kept the conversation going. Entirely behavioral questions, describe a situation you were a leader, worked in a team... things like that. My main problem was that I had a month between the phone screen and the first phone interview and they waited another month after that to tell me I wasn't moving on.

Watson Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

One coding + video round followed by one video interview.

Coding + Video round :
    1. I had to record my responses for 10 questions related to concepts in computer science :
    2. 3 coding challenges : 30 mins, 1 hour, 1 hour each with increasing difficulty. You can video record your logic for solving the question after the time is up. This helps even if your code doesn't compile, it helps to convey your thoughts across. (I could solve only one completely and the other halfway through)

Video Interview :
    If you pass the coding challenge, you will be contacted for a video interview.
    1 hour interview. Initial 30 mins a chat on my resume and "how will you handle these scenarios in office"
    Next 30 mins - One coding round on an online text editor. The interviewer helps you along the way if you get stuck.

Overall a positive experience!

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I got a call for internship from IBM for SAP Analyst role. And it was converted to full time position. So I did not go through any interview for full time.

In my internship interview, I was asked about my academic projects. I was also asked a few behavioral questions, Agile methodologies etc.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Random questions about subjects that had nothing to do about the job opportunity were asked. Also I received an invite to the interview literally 2 hours before the interview. So, I went into interview feeling unprepared. I obviously didn't do well because of it.

Interview Questions

• What's a project that I have recently worked on.   1 Answer