IBM Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.8

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

An overall great experience! My first a 30 min. interview on campus with 3 people. They then followed up with feedback from the interview and invited me to a final round in their Raleigh office. At the final round, I had 6 hour long interviews. The interviews were not formal interviews more of a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to 3 different "recruiters" and they rescheduled my Guide interview 3 times (sometimes HOURS before the interview was supposed to take place). Since I already had an offer from elsewhere, I just canceled the interview after the last time they rescheduled. The recruiter was very unhelpful and unprofessional and wrote with various grammatical and spelling errors, and even got my name incorrect more than once. Overall, a pretty frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you did recently where you felt challenged   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

had to answer questions on video recording. basic questions like why ibm and all that then explain your thought process for.coding questions. They only give you one shot to record your response so make sure not to mess those up.

Interview Questions

• 3 hackerranck questions, looking back it should have been easy but i messed it up. make sure to know simple problems like fizzbuzz   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online - I received a call from HR within few days and after few days I received an email from Hiring Manager for telephonic interview. The interview was for 30 mins both Hiring Manager and Team Lead had a conference call with me. They were mostly listening and asked only 2-3 general questions.

After the interview I was confused whether they liked me or not - I felt I answered all the questions and reconfirmed from them if they need me to explain anything that I missed but they said I answered all the questions.

Surprisingly after 1 week they declined my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Got the interview through employee referral. Was first have a regular recruiter phone interview. The whole process was within 30 mins, very straightforward and friendly. Then I received an online test for numbers and figures. Did not have further interviews tho.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and prompted for GPA and work experience by email the next day.
    I replied and was asked to interview on-campus the day after that.
    I was interviewed by a team of people. (3 in the room and others on the phone listening in)
    Interview was mostly behavioral/past experiences with no technical implementation questions.
    I was kindly told 2.5 weeks later that the position was filled. Pretty good and straightforward experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself in Java and Python?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your favorite project from one of your CS courses.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

Interview

30 minute phone interview with the Recruiter, and then a one hour in person interview with the Recruiter and Hiring Manager. There was never any formal feedback or decline of my candidacy after going onsite to meet with them. Very nice people but disappointed in the lack of follow through after going onsite. Poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with different sourcing channels.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty elongated considering I first heard back in October and interviews started in January. I had a phone interview with a product manager and a HireVue interview with another product manager that consisted of behavorial-style questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision?
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you responded?   Answer Question

Advisary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

IBM really sucks all frogs. You don't want to work for IBM. Last place I would want to work. I would not want my brother to work there. They really suck

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems with working every weekend and or every week? Do you want to work at home? Forget it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on the phone interview. First half was describing the position to me and the second half was behavioral questions. Overall, it was a pretty standard interview apart from me being unprepared to discuss the technology trends.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in college and why?
      What do you do to keep up with trends in the technology industry?   Answer Question