IBM Interview Questions in Portsmouth, South East England, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.5

Business Role - Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completing a double sided form attached to my CV. Made it through the CV check and was promptly invited to the IBM assessment centre for an assessment day.

The day itself wasn't stressful at all, everyone was very friendly and it helped put me at ease. This led to me actually performing better and more naturally. There were two group exercises and an one on one interview, in which I had to present myself.

The one on one interview was very relaxed. The biggest tip I can offer is to not be too formal - they're trying to get to know who you are as a person, not how well trained you are at interviews.

Interview Questions

• Getting to know me, what I do in my spare time and why I applied for the role.   1 Answer

Business Roles- Placement Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

2 Group Exercises (1 Logical, 1 discussion based)
    1 Personal Interview
    1 Business Interview (a bit more technical but still relatively skills based)

An enjoyable experience, learned a lot from the centre itself. Relatively laidback, but I was a bit suprised that even if you pass the AC, you may still not gain a placement place in industry.

Interview Questions

• Name atime you have dealt with a difficult environment   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

3 stage, first online, 2nd, in personwith a programming test which filtered out candidates, those who remained sat further tests. 3rd stage, whole day with various activities, group and individual. We had to give a pre-prepared presentation.

IT Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Before the interview was offered, I submitted an application form, did an online test (called an IPAT) and an assessment centre. This is significantly less steps than some other placements! And the assessment centre was oddly enjoyable- they focussed on your personality and how well you worked in a team since this is extremely important in a large company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose my degree title?   Answer Question
    • What do I know about IBM's previous CEO's?   Answer Question
    • How many man hours would it take to clean every single window in London?   23 Answers

Business Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online test (Numerical, Logical and Verbal). Assessment centre (2 group task, one presentation and interview). You would be given a presentation topic mainly asking you about one particular IBM product which you think is outstanding, why did you apply for this particular role, and tell them something unique about you.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mainly based on your presentation and relevant skills. Make sure you know what IBM stands for- they will ask you!   Answer Question

Business Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

After filling the application form, was invited to sit a psychometric tests. They were a bit harder than I expected and actually thought I wouldn't pass yet two days after received an email saying I had passed an my CV was being screened. After a few days was invited for an assessment centre a month later.
    For the assessment centre had to prepare a 15min presentation about how I work in a team, a time I took initiative and created something innovative; to do research on an IBM product; client or project that I was interested; what I would bring into IBM and how could I benefit from them.
    After the interviewer asked me questions for 15mins nothing special. What did I know about IBM, what did I expect to be doing, a time I delivered over pressure... It was quite relaxed.
    Also did 2 group exercises which were quite easy. It's all about how we interact with the colleagues rather than a absolute right answer.
    Next day got told I passed the assessment centre yet it has been a month and still haven't been invited for a a final interview.

Sales and Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Began with psychometric tests, which were tough, then an assessment centre, then final interview with the manager you would be working with. This was a phone interview, but I know some people had it face to face.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales, why are you interested in IT, what are your hobbies, what do you know about IBM   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate anything, so couldn't advise

Inbound Call Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

There are few direct contracts nowadays with IBM, and certainly no 'jobs for life.' I was hired originally via a recruitment agency (Manpower.) After a year I was offered a permanent position, but on contract. The interview process was the same as any other you would expect. You have to show commitment to the job and the company, and convince them you are not here today gone tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• None. I have good experience in handling all kinds of customers.   Answer Question

It would have been a huge drop in salary, plus I was aiming to move on in under a year.

Business & Technology COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Form demonstrating competencies. Online Tests. Assessment Centre. One-to-One interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were to win £100,000,000 today in the lottery? What is our share price today?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant/Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Assessment Centre day is split into 2. Extremely challenging. The group exercises at the start of the day are not bad, but the written test isn't easy at all. Those who perform well (8/10+) in the test got invited to the next stage of the AC.