IBM Project Manager Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Project Manager Interview Questions in Canada

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Interview

Started a phone interview with HR
Followed by another phone interview with an offshore hiring manager
Waiting for one week, set up another interview with local teams
It was running great and take another week to receive application status

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied project manager online. I got the 1st interview after phone screen. The interview was easy and mostly about my previous job. I thought I'll get the offer, but no answer three weeks after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

you submit the resume online and apply to various job oppty. you get a call to describe your work experience, relevance of work experience to the job, why us , why me etc. They call for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why us, why me , how will I make a difference to organization, where I see myself 10 years, 15 years from today   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1 hour in person interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process is tiered. You have to make it through several rounds.

Interview Questions

• I would not say difficult or unexpected but they are trying to assess your willing ness to work long hours and deal with unexpected demands and educate yourself on your own time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

IBM is not open to much negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Since we were in different cities, it consisted of a phone interview with 2 project office team members. The interview consisted of discussion of skills and background as well as Behavioral Descriptive Interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were having difficulty getting a team member to complete tasks and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview organised after meeting at a career fair. 2 people interviewed turn by turn in regards to the interest, experience and knowledge. The interviews were half an hour each and were conducted by long term Project manager and center manager at IBM. This was followed by HR team negotiating the final offer.

Interview Questions

• More focus on communication skills, team building and willingness to learn.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

It was an interview arranged because of an internal referral against an opening. No HR was involved and was managed directly by the hiring manager. It took just couple of mails to agree on the time and date of the interview. Hiring manager was fexible to reschedule the interview to a better place because I did not have a car.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people in the projects who do not report in to you!   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

Went at a career fair, got interviewed in person and was called back for a second round phone interview. During the phone interview, was asked one question about about risk management. Ended the interview in about 20 minutes.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

Two managers have to interview and approve of you before you are shortlisted. This is followed by an interview with an executive. Interview is extremely task related.

Negotiation

They have standardized pay scales based on your background, so they make a good offer to begin with.