IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The entire process from resume submission until I received an offer letter took almost 6 months. No pre-screening - my first interview was with a portfolio manager, the following one with the manager. Both very professional.
I was invited to the orientation session with a minimal lead time (1-2 business days) where air travel was required. The orientation session was totally useless (waste of time). The only benefit of it was to get a laptop, a badge, and to provide required documents.

Interview Questions

• I was hit by questions including terminology commonly used at IBM. Especially abbreviations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation whatsoever. On my application form (resume submission) I put my expected salary. My offer letter included the

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The multiple person interview process focused on my background and technical experience. The interviewers emphasized the need for adaptability. There was also a request for multiple professional references.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Questions

• Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

At least 5 round of interviews. Basic questions related to the job were asked. Interviewer asked solutions for some of their current problems. Interview was arranged with managers repenting each verticals where this role will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental to the subject, they asked solution for some of their current problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview

The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions

• They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

In person, group interview. Met with the team manager and second line manager. interview lasted about an hour. They were interviewing about a dozen people. Interview was scheduled over the phone. Met the contact at the front desk and went back to a conference room by the team area.