IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview started with a phone screen with the hiring manager. After that, I was brought in for a full day of interviews with different teams in the group. I had a few more chats with the hiring manager over the phone and was told that we would be "moving forward" (strongly implied that I got the job). I completed the background check and passed. After several weeks of waiting to receive a formal offer letter, I was told that the company was on a hiring "pause" and that they could no longer move forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate difficult people to complete assigned tasks?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Introduction followed by agenda with time left for questions and answer. Next steps discussed along with timeline. Deal breakers also reviewed. e.g. travel expected monday-thursday

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The entire process from resume submission until I received an offer letter took almost 6 months. No pre-screening - my first interview was with a portfolio manager, the following one with the manager. Both very professional.
    I was invited to the orientation session with a minimal lead time (1-2 business days) where air travel was required. The orientation session was totally useless (waste of time). The only benefit of it was to get a laptop, a badge, and to provide required documents.

Interview Questions

• I was hit by questions including terminology commonly used at IBM. Especially abbreviations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation whatsoever. On my application form (resume submission) I put my expected salary. My offer letter included the

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2016.

Interview

Received call to interview with staffing agency. Waited a few weeks to get a phone screen with IBM. Was hired on the phone with the hiring manager and managing consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The multiple person interview process focused on my background and technical experience. The interviewers emphasized the need for adaptability. There was also a request for multiple professional references.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM in April 2015.

Interview

Normal as any big companies like Dell, HP, Fujitsu, Asus, Toshiba. It took 40 minutes the whole interview. This is nothing to worry about it, just be yourself! But, you must dress accordingly

Interview Questions

• About your skills and work experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Questions

• Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.