IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

This was a massive job fair - not happy with the time spent and the disinterested employees (not hiring managers) I spent some limited time with in a short, noisy ballroom with hundreds of other potential employees.

The employee was much younger and snotty. She showed no concern whatsoever as a potential employee of IBM.

Interview Questions

• Asked me specifics on survey research   1 Answer
  • What business division are you interested in?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in February 2015.

Interview

It takes at about 4 months. during the process I was not permanently notified about the overall process It takes at about 4 months. during the process I was not permanently notified about the overall process. The hiring process involved: phone interview, group assessment, english skills test and two final interviews with bosses.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

There will be two rounds of interview. The first one was technical and the next one was PDM interview.
    This entire process took place in 3 days. but IBM confirmed my interview status only after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• To describe the challenges I faced as PM and how solved them as a PM.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of interview.
    first round is usually technical and on project management. it is taken by another project manager or senior project manager.
    2nd round is usually HR round.
    The discussion about the offer slary was done my the manager of the department (called the Hiring Manager).
    The offer letter is sent in 10-20 days of confirmation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What is the change in your project management approach after completing PMP certification?
      3. What is the project life cycle of your current project , what project management methodologies you are using.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening call which was followed by IPAT online test. Online test was basically IQ + analytic test. It was difficult for me as I am not very good at these kind of test. After clearing the online test I was called for Assessment day. Assessment day included 2 group. Activity one did not have right or wrong answers. We are tasked to organise a apprentice hiring event within a set budget, venue and speaker. 2nd Group activity has right and wrong answer. We were to find out the who is interviewing whom and for what role. It was more like solving a riddle with the clues provided. Following the group activity I had 2 interview, 1st interview was technical and 2nd was by a business manager.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in September 2012.

Interview

Email from HR to ask for interest and availability , then phone call from recruiter , then interview 1:1 with first line manager, the manager asked all questions related to my previous jobs , interest about IBM , asked what do i know about IBM , and Project management related questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

HR phone interview, hiring manager phone interview and them Assessment day.
    Assessment day format group exercise and presentation with other candidates that applied for this role, ibm GBS presentation, various interviews in afternoon with other senior managers from GBS.
    Day was structured well however interviews held by various managers not necessarily hiring you.

Wasn't selected as There reason was I had good PM skills but not skills they were looking for despite applying for a PM role..

Interview Questions

• Talk through your CV and your experiences and how you dealt with certain scenarios   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

- slow, the HR lady didnt seem to care about what i was saying and instead kept looking at her phone. the second interview was better with friendly people. HR told me they will get back to me in 1 week, instead it took them 1 whole month.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Brno (Czech Republic)) in June 2015.

Interview

I am from engineering background yet I am trying to work bin high end IT company IBM as project manager,I have gone through 3 interview including telephonic for project manager position.they as me lot of questions regarding project management,I managed to answer all,but in 2nd technical round they wanted me to quote concrete example about managing project and gave me IT product as a product to imagine. .There I faced difficulty.hope in future I will make it.all the best.

Interview Questions

• State 3 strength and 3 weaknesses with supporting example.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1 hour in person interview