IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.7

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Tulsa, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

People with lower personal standards—let’s call them the “C students”--often do a bare minimum of interview preparation (preferring to use the “skim the website and wing it” interview approach). Because they were not thinking deeply about the interview, they failed to notice when they gave a bad or rambling answer. Underprepared people often ask superficial questions that would not be asked by someone better prepared. The “C student” gets ruled out in that moment, but fails to notice because the hiring manager will almost always answer their idiotic question politely. Consequently, the “C student” often walks out of an interview thinking they nailed it.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

At least 5 round of interviews. Basic questions related to the job were asked. Interviewer asked solutions for some of their current problems. Interview was arranged with managers repenting each verticals where this role will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental to the subject, they asked solution for some of their current problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview

The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions

• They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

In person, group interview. Met with the team manager and second line manager. interview lasted about an hour. They were interviewing about a dozen people. Interview was scheduled over the phone. Met the contact at the front desk and went back to a conference room by the team area.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

My interview was all over the phone, I never met anyone face to face. It was for a contractor, remote job, so that may have something to do with it. The interview was fairly simple, it took some time. A drug test and background check were done.

Interview Questions

• My experience in Project Management in my current job and how it could apply to working with them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

There will be two rounds of interview. The first one was technical and the next one was PDM interview.
    This entire process took place in 3 days. but IBM confirmed my interview status only after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• To describe the challenges I faced as PM and how solved them as a PM.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview

The application consisted out of pre-employment question and a rather lenghty assessment. After approx. 2 weeks I ahd one interviews which was followed by a panel interview with multiple Project Managers. Apporx. 2 weeks later I received the notice that i was accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

Fist phone interview with HR stuff for some simple questions. after first interview, I interviewed with hiring manager /program manager for project experience , skill set, etc...for 45 minutes. after 4 weeks, I got offer from HR

Interview Questions

• SDLC and Agile experience, how you handle conflict, what are the important skillset for PM? describe your previous project scope and your responsibilities in that project and your achievement ...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very unorganized when setting up interview. Never called my available telephone to leave a message. Only sent an email and did not allow more than a day to respond. Phone interview was more informative about what they do and what they are looking for rather than talking about how I was able to help the company and why I would be an asset.

Interview Questions

• Provide me an example of projects you managed in your previous positions as a Project Manager   1 Answer
    • Asked more questions about what this position entailed and they were too vague on what they really do for their customers.   1 Answer