IBM Public Sector Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Public Sector Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Public Sector Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview took place on-campus in the career center. Each interview was a half-hour each, no breaks in between. One session was a case interview and two were behavioral/fit interviews. All interviewers involved were current consultants with the public sector practice. Described the Consulting by Degrees Program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to pivot the way you were doing a project to accomplish your final goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

They didnt recruit at my school, but I was still selected for a first round. Phone interview was with a partner, very informal, mostly trying to get to know me. Was selected for a 'super day' type final round with around 30 candidates. Got a short case and 20 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Case was strange, very open-ended. It was hard to structure my thoughts. How should federal agencies increase their revenue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Two 1:1 interviews back to back. One of them included a very short and simple case question. The rest of the interview was basic behavioral questions. Very lax experience overall. The process did seem to be organized poorly. The consultants interviewing were not even aware if they were interviewing interns or full time people, there was a bit of discrepancy beforehand.