IBM SAP Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM SAP Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple technical questions asked. He let you answer all, and questions exceptional scenarios. Not asked anything about consultative role. But role is of SAP consultant, Where customer interaction and business analysis skills are more important.

Interview Questions

• simple technical questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Telephonic first round Technical Interview and another 1:1 or telephonic 2nd round technical/project interview and final HR Interview (mostly 1:1 or also telephonic).
    Process is mostly smooth and they will give you atleast a day notice for the time/day of interview in the case of telephonic.

Interview Questions

• Non Project specific Interview will mostly ask about details in your resume and general questions on the subject you are applying for or the your skills. Sometime and more often, a business scenario and how you will apply.
      Project specific interviews are specific and still relevant to the info in your resume. More detailed and mostly around your experience of your application in other projects for that subject/module. One can expect a lot of checks for experience with WRICEF, Idocs, Interfaces apart from the core module.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2014.

Interview

It wasn't as bad but not the best from a company like IBM. It was a college recruiter, had to take some online questionnaire before the interview day. They didn't provide travel or relocation costs. But overall was a good experience

Interview Questions

• Basic Java data structures, know well about arrays, it's implementation and uses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with background info and job description. Behavioral interview and technical interview afterwards, either in phone or in person. Takes several weeks to months to here back on status of application.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Even the technical interview wasn't hard. All your typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Technical screen over phone, rounds of in person interviews For which IBM flew candidates out to IBM office. Recruiter gave an overview of practice and benefits of working to assorted candidates nit all there gor the same position while we waitedto be called back for interviews. Business hiring managers conducted face to face interviews

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 Interviews: 1 Technical and 2 Behavior

Interview Questions

• Name an event a resolution of a problem that happened at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Single 1:1 interview with manager of the SAP group. Most of conversation was his telling me about IBM and how it was no longer the blue suit, white shirt company

Interview Questions

• Focus was on previous background (was working in consulting company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by IBM"s internal HR personnel to discuss their current role opportunity. THe next step was to have a tech screen with their Distribrution Sector. I'm now awaiting word to see if I'm invited to a face 2 face interview in Philadelphia.

Interview Questions

• Can you please tell me about your past projects and what your role was?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview

Inside hire, made a call, and I was hired

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Phila, PA) in December 2007.

Interview

Day 1 - Arrived at PHL airport and was taken by Taxi into the city where we stayed at a hotel in city central. The night consisted of a banquet to welcome all potential employees and a meet a greet with the management. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal. Dress was business casual. Speaches were made by the head of the consulting groups who were approachable afterward for questions.

Day 2- Walked from hotel a few blocks over to the building where IBM was conducting the interviews. The conference room was bright and had a night view of the city.
    Breakfast buffet was served and there was about an hour or so to go over notes before the actual interviews started. There were 2 interviewers and times were done by time slot. Between the first and second I had 1/2 hour to prepare in which time I was able to relax and compare notes with others, and take a gander out the window.

The interviewers were friendly and personable, no ego or condescending tones. And I still keep in touch with 1 of the interviewers to this day. Typical questions were "Why do you want to work for IBM?" "Why would you be a good fit?" "Do you have issues with traveling?" "What do you like about IBM?"

Before the end of the second interview I was told that I would be receiving his recommendation.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for IBM?"   1 Answer
    • "Why would you be a good fit?"   1 Answer
    • "What do you like about IBM?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was done over the phone. Feel the market out for what you think is fair, just be aware that they will have already done the same.