IBM Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Davis, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got recruited through LinkedIn. First round on college campus, then google hangout, then I have to take a IPAT test. They wanted to know what you wanted to do in the future like in 10 years. People were very nice. I told them I wanted to be a product manager and they asked many questions about it but they respect my choice. Unlike other company I interviewed with who looked down on me when I say I wanted to be a product manager.

Interview Questions

• Given a number and an array. Find three numbers from the array that their sum equal to the given number.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Depends on what they offer you. If you have a high offer, then they say they already give you a very generous offer. But I will still negotiate and say "look i have this much experience compare to others ....." they will say no at first but that is what every recruiter do in negotiation phase just overwrite their "no this salary is set".

Cobol/CICS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (West Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had applied for the position through the career portal.Almost a month after applying i received a mail for the technical interview.Technical interview was telephonic and it went well.Within a week, 1:1 interview was scheduled.Focus was on the resume for the face to face interview.Yet to receive any feed back after the 1:1 interview.

Programming Position for Cal Medicare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (West Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Just had a phone interview so far. he recruiter said they would fly me in for a Face to face. Awaiting confirmation of travel from corporate travel or HR.

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. The process went smoothly, basic questions regarding working in a team, multiple clients, and complex projects with strict deadlines. The process itself took a few months, so it's slow, but moves along smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward, mostly concerned with your past experiences. No tricks, they want to determine, are you a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As they met the initial targets that I began the negotiation with, there were no negotiations.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Sacramento, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviews are very straight forward, and the whole process is light and quick. There will be one technical round followed by a manager interview. Fascinating to note that there would not be a HR profiling round, which felt out of normal to me. Technical round consists of straight forward technology questions, so if you know what you are doing, this round would not be all that difficult, no trick questions here. The discussion with the manager, I never really understood the purpose of it, coz it was just a discussion on matters ranging from IT to football - so it's just a discussion, and that's it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate, something that I wasn't sure. Negotiation actually happens with an HR who you will only recognize by voice.