IBM Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a 45 minute phone call of them just asking me situational questions. There was no conversation aspect to the call what so ever. Then it took them 3 months to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

First interview was a group interview with HR. And we were given a logical problem and separated into two groups. And each group had a representative to give the solution. Second was interview with manager and I had a third interview cause I was quite controversial for the all male team(I am a female).

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important for a sales person.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

a few face to face meetings with 3 different managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Columbus, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews. Fair interview and I received very positive feedback however, there was a technical sales specialist in the brand who got the position.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager agrees to interview, (either from referral or resume from website). A phone interview and an in person internview. Sometimes one more interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest failure in sales and what went wrong   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was locked in, only negotiated more weeks for vacation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

Interview

tedious and tenuous and unhelpful

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation between two customers wanting a better price who know one another   Answer Question

by email

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview. I think they have some sort of ideal employee template, despite saying they support diversity, and they run through a sort of check list to screen you out. Seemed like they already had an internal candidate and needed to be seen to look outside. Nothing came of it

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2012.

Interview

one phone interview with HR and one face to face interview with 2 sales managers
    Hiring process for IBM InsideSales Dublin is very simple as language is first competence required (you need to speak english and another european language according to job offer)
    you need to able to justify some sales experience, giving specific examples (team work, reaching targets, problem solving...)
    And be ready to answer the question : Why IBM? and show some knowledge about IBM and the competition

Interview Questions

• I had only very standard questions.I didn't have any difficult question. Just play the game : you are an amazing person that can offer a lot and IBM is even more amazing. And give specific example on each of your responses   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as I was happy with the contract sent.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

Interview

Seemed like a good postion, brought 6 people in at once, did a group interview which was awkward. Then broke us up into individual meetings where we each met with each manager. After this they hired no one, and was only looking for people with software sales. IBM Recruiter was upset with Managers who never told him that before starting the interviewing process.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. 3 interviews and an offer. I was interviewed by 2 line managers and sales director. probably more efficient if they used a group interview. The process was very elongated as I got a verbal offer in December but did not get the contract until the following February. HR seem not to be engaged at all in the process.