IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a set up an phone interview. The person I spoke with seemed uninformaed about the position, but I was scheduled to meet with a local manager. The manager was nice and welcoming. When it came down to the real questions, things seemed to fall apart. Territory, quotas, techincal support for the position were vague. As a sesaoned salesperson, I wasn't able to get a good grasp of how I'd be used. I got the sense there was a sink or swim aspect to the success of the job. I was being sold on the benefits of working at IBM, instead of how I could utilize my sales experience, grow within the role and organization. Very little substance on the actual job or reporting structure and the real contribution would not be selling or forming relationships but working with a huge team of players and organzaitional red tape.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work within large organzations with multiple managers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with my hiring manager. IBM was very generous in the recruiting process and flew me to my interview as well as put me up in a hotel near the office site. It took a while for a decision to be made, but it was worth the wait.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple rounds. First was with a recruiter to get a feel for the job, second was with a sales manager and was focused more around sales, and the third was with my actual landing team to make sure I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What personality trait do you have that would help you be a better sales person?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Process took far too long, first was an online assessment then a recorded 20 min question and answer interview, passed both of those then a live video chat that I also did good on then never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Name one quality about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

7 interviews and non was related to my role, mostly concentrated on why IBM and how you will sell for us? no answers on my questions around how commissions are measured

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 calls with HR people. 1 call with hiring manager. Typical questions and follow up process. I would recommend follow up with everyone you speak with. Also, make sure to connect all managers and HR people on LinkedIn. Also make sure to have plenty of knowledge relating to the history of the company. People really enjoy conversations about IBM history.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Kansas City, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online but used my network as references. Had to do 2 rounds of phone interviews then 3 face to face interviews with various managers. After the final round of interviews, the hiring manager told me he wanted to offer me a position but it would come from HR. It took about a week to hear back from HR but the whole process was very smooth.

Interview Questions

• What would your mentor say is the area you need the most improvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not budge on base but I did negotiate a sign on bonus.

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

took about 3 weeks, email followed by phone followed by 2 interviews with hr and manager, not too difficult or long but couldnt really get a feel for what they were looking for or felt throughtout the process

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial interview process went very quickly. Received a call after resume was passed forward through employee referral and had two phone interviews with the Hiring Manager. Human Resources was not very involved. Interview was more of a discussion than pointed questions. Based on the interview, I did not really know what to expect when first starting.

Interview Questions

• After moving into another position, the interview was more challenging - one of the more challenging questions was how I would handle different scenarios and my plan to come up to speed.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I am currently waiting to hear back from IBM to have a 3rd round interview with an IBM office. So far, this process has been very enjoyable. Every person I have spoken with has been great and very helpful. I had a first round on my college campus, and a second round over the phone. My only complaint so far has been the time it takes for this interview process to move along.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that you IBM has done in the last few months that you think are great ideas, and three things you think they have done that are bad ideas.   1 Answer