IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had a phone interview with them three different times. The first one was with a HR lady and they asked pretty simple question. The second and third ones were with the managers I'd be working directly under. Again, they asked pretty basic questions but make sure you have a technology background because that's what they were ultimately looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Got a call from a very excited recruiter who asked questions about my experience. She said that she would call back to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. She never did. A week later my application status changed to no longer under consideration with no word from her. I call her to confirm the status and she seemed surprised and told me that the team has not in fact made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Would be you able to come in for a interview in a few weeks. This was hard as it was a lie.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It started with a simple phone screening, run me through your resume etc... after that I had a 45 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. The interviewer was very engaging and kept the conversation going. Entirely behavioral questions, describe a situation you were a leader, worked in a team... things like that. My main problem was that I had a month between the phone screen and the first phone interview and they waited another month after that to tell me I wasn't moving on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Amherst, MA).

Interview

It was a college campus initial interview at UMass Amherst, whereby IBM was interviewing for sales and marketing positions, and I elected to talk to them even though I was most likely to start working in market research for a small consulting firm.

Interview Questions

I elected to work for a small marketing consulting firm doing market research interviewing and reporting.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

standard sales strategy questions. college hire type questions so need to show you have a basic understanding on how corporate america works. will ask about internships/work experience. how you team with others, problem solving strategies, where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years. Overall experience was decent. first met had a phone interview, then flew to location and had an interview with 5-6 managers. each with different questions. all day interview.

Interview Questions

• - goals
      accomplishments
      where do you want to be in 5 years
      Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I am currently waiting to hear back from IBM to have a 3rd round interview with an IBM office. So far, this process has been very enjoyable. Every person I have spoken with has been great and very helpful. I had a first round on my college campus, and a second round over the phone. My only complaint so far has been the time it takes for this interview process to move along.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that you IBM has done in the last few months that you think are great ideas, and three things you think they have done that are bad ideas.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial interview process went very quickly. Received a call after resume was passed forward through employee referral and had two phone interviews with the Hiring Manager. Human Resources was not very involved. Interview was more of a discussion than pointed questions. Based on the interview, I did not really know what to expect when first starting.

Interview Questions

• After moving into another position, the interview was more challenging - one of the more challenging questions was how I would handle different scenarios and my plan to come up to speed.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

took about 3 weeks, email followed by phone followed by 2 interviews with hr and manager, not too difficult or long but couldnt really get a feel for what they were looking for or felt throughtout the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 calls with HR people. 1 call with hiring manager. Typical questions and follow up process. I would recommend follow up with everyone you speak with. Also, make sure to connect all managers and HR people on LinkedIn. Also make sure to have plenty of knowledge relating to the history of the company. People really enjoy conversations about IBM history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with their managers.
    Chalk talk and a formal 20-minute presentation to a group of people.
    Company did not reimburse me $41 for my travel and lunch expense.
    The hiring manager sarcastically told me that "We are not that generous."

Interview Questions

• Why you don't have a recent experience with a big company?   1 Answer