IBM Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Berkeley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online after school event and they got back to me in 5 days. It was heavily focused on string parsings and regular expressions which I don't really like. Also, during the coding, the camera was turned on the whold time (which means it was turned on for almost 2 hours and half). I felt like I was supervised even though it was an online coding challenge. I prepared data structure part for the position, but while I was taking it, I realized that their interview questions were not testing what i am good at. So, I felt they don't fit into my career.

Big Data Engineer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The Recruiter is very proactive. She reached out to me via LinkedIn. Set up Phone interview(s) with the manager under whom the opening was available. Very happy with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Oral theory questions on computer science fundamentals, programming fundamentals, or data bases. Seem to be designed for a fresh grads out of college. If you are a fresh grad, you are fresh with these concepts and will nail it. If you are experienced, then be sure to brush up basic fundamentals. Nothing about your work-experience   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A couple phone screens with plenty of discussion on experience, past projects, etc. leading up to a single on-site that entailed meeting with multiple engineering teams, further discussion of experience and past projects followed by whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Given an aray with ['a1', 'a2', .....'aN', 'b1', 'b2', ....'bN', 'c1', 'c2', .....'cN'], stagger the subarrays so it becomes ['a1', 'b1', 'c1', 'a2', 'b2', 'c2', ...'aN', 'bN', 'cN']. The optimal solution requires linear-time sorting and a constant space complexity.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Applied Online- Basic application on their website. Pretty simple. Received reply within about two weeks.
    2. Coding Challenge- 3 coding challenge with 5 behavioral questions and 3 coding. Received reply that I passed within a few days.
    3. Guru Interview - 1 on 1 with a Software Developer at IBM
    4. (still waiting to do my guru interview)

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two step process
    1. Quick recruiter phone screen to assess culture fit and weed out poor communicators, misfits
    2. On site where you have a behavioral round and technical round, approx 2 hours

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of phone interviews and one all-day interview. There was a lot of repetition in the questions being asked but everyone was friendly. The interviews (phone and in-person) were only within a few days of each other. The process moved relatively quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to go in-house when I have been at a firm in the past?   Answer Question

Offering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process is Very simple, easy, and casual. It became pretty clear that it was thrown together last minute as my in-person interview with 3 people turned into an in-person with one, phone interview with the second, and a no-show for the third.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a product you led and the results of that product launch   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Procedure goes:-
    1. Online Application and template (fill application online)
    2. Online Test (basic test for reasoning and logics)
    3. Selection Day
    Group Activities (2)
    Confirmatory IPAT test (plus numerical verbal reasoning test for certain roles)
    Pairs Role-Play Activity
    Written Exercise
    Interview
    Final Interview

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was recruited through university recruitment for the Summit Program. I had an on campus interview, two phone interviews, and was invited to a hiring event in San Francisco. It was two short days of networking and interviews and was pretty fun! You get to meet the IBM managers as well as others going through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are what's usually expected though you do need to do some research about the company and its business ventures.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Round 1: 3 hours coding challenge/ Virtual interview
    Round 2: Guru Interview (Phone interview) - Coding and Design
    Round 3: Guide Interview (Phone interview) - Behavioral
    Round 4: 2 days Onsite interview. Day 1 - Attended a conference, 2 hrs case study. Day 2 - Case study Presentation and HR/Behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and Data Structures   1 Answer