IBM Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was held on campus. Applied for 10 different positions got reject for all of them. An unfriendly reject emails from IBM. I will definitely try again and apply for IBM. I am not stopping anyone from applying to IBM. Just sharing my experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions were asked. Interview process was held on campus. Applied for 10 different positions got reject for all of them. An unfriendly reject emails from IBM.   Answer Question

Programmer/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This interview was a long time ago but I understand it isn't very different from how it works today. I had a friend/classmate who had been hired the previous year. She gave my resume to her manager, who called me, and after a very brief phone screening she told me she wasn't hiring but one of her colleagues was and the interview was arranged. Prior to the interview (in my case the same day) I had to take a written aptitude test. It was in multiple parts and was somewhat reminiscent of the SAT. I was never told how I did (no one is ever told whether you get an offer or not) and it's also kind of a mystery just how or how much that test factors into a hiring decision.
      I met the hiring manager and we had what seemed a lot more like a normal conversation than an interview. It was a lot of small talk and a little bit about what the job was about. It was a "fresh grad" position so I didn't have a lot of questions but I asked a few and they led to still more normal chit chat. There was virtually no technical discussion during the interview at all.
      I learned much later that the reason there was not much in the way of technical questions was that the project I was being hired for was completely proprietary, including the language it was written in. Therefore, my actual skills were irrelevant since I would need to be trained anyway. They wanted to know what kind of person I was. Could I learn? Could I work well as part of a team? Was I enthusiastic and pleasant to be around? That's what they wanted to determine, and the technical capability was assumed by virtue of having a CS degree.

Interview Questions

• If we hire you, can you commit to staying 5 years? (question was informal and non-binding)   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The day long interview included technical presentation to a room full of scientists with question and answer session at the end. The interviews were done one-on-one with several scientists over a day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions about your work or your background pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Software DeveloperReview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. There was an online coding round which had a mix of easy and tricky questions. This was followed by 2 interviews. The interviews were a mix of behavioral and algorithm questions. One phone interview was from Team lead and another one was from the Team Manager. They were both hour long.

Interview Questions

• Q. GIven an amount convert it into optimal change minimizing the number of currency notes.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview was just a phone interview and they asked about my experience and talked about my resume. Knowing about Hadoop and IBMs Services was a plus... I had to interview with two different managers on the phone and when I got there there was another interview which they would just tell you about the job and what are thing you can bring to the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self and the projects you have done....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was pretty good, interviewer was nice. Talked about OOP and other stuff, no questions on my resume, last about 50 mins. The process was pretty relaxing, Overall, the interview was good.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA).

Interview

average interview. sometimes not even technical. Team is friendly, more questions on your background. Certifications. Scripting, automation, framework, leadership, mentor ship, salary expectation, location expectation. Work from home. diverse culture

Interview Questions

• Random. Depends what team you are going in. Questions on computing. Openstack, Dockers etc etc   Answer Question

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One phone interview that lasted 10 minutes. One 4 hour interview with the team. Questions on algorithms and java design patterns. Went over everything on resume, and connected it to aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain the MVC pattern, and give an example of something you think uses this pattern   Answer Question

Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It's the on-site interview. They ask very specific question and looking for the person who have the experience of dealing with big data. There're six people in all to interview with you 1-by-1. They are very nice and friendly to talk.

Interview Questions

• Asking about how to handle with the streaming data and machine learning pipeline   Answer Question

Senior Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was very easy process. I had a call with hiring manager to start with. Then I had a technical interview with two technical resources. It was a smooth sail.
    Then I had a in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing the current job   1 Answer