IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
2. Recruiter scheduled call
3. Telephone interview with Manager
4. Telephone interview with Peer Manager
5. Video interview with another manager

Total Time: 2 months

Comments:
These interviews were over a two month period and after each interview there was little feedback. Finally, after the last interview I had to check my status on the Career site to see the job was on "HOLD" and "Under Manager Review". IBMers on Quora said this meant I was still under consideration. A few weeks later with still no word from the recruiter, I checked again and found the "JOB WAS CANCELED".

I had expected more from IBM after going through 4 interviews and I am not impressed and wary of ever applying for another position given their current recruiting processes as well as the company itself. IBM has strayed far from its well known status as being one of the best tech companies to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide younger co-workers to speak with customers for insights rather than just GOOGLE-ing for an answer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This is professional company where they follow quite standard process like filtering the CVs, First initial Talk, then Technical interview and then Management round of interview. I like the interview process where its one day activity.

Interview Questions

• General questions about prior experience, then Technical round and then check communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial discussion with sourcing person, then with hiring manager. Hiring manager in a rush and scattered. Seems to have already had someone in mind for the job but needed to interview due to policy.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75%?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Entirely through on-campus recruiting. Was informed of a Monday interview on a Friday - unclear if this was GBS or my school's fault. The interview session was short - three half hour interviews, one technical, one case study, and one behavioral/career. I have to say the recruitment process overall was nice and short - got a verbal offer fairly quickly.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Sloppy case interviews, poorly structured fit discussions. Included a (monitored) group project and presentation about an ice cream company. Recruiting for the MBA program took about three rounds. Interviewers were incredibly distracted throughout; one person (a GBS partner) told me that he hated working for IBM (!)

Interview Questions

• Mostly examples about working with clients that do not like you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

I was an internal hire however had to follow the similar process as an outside hire. I applied for a internal consultant position. In my interview I had 4 interviews over the phone, however I was an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• Question about my resume mainly. Then the standard questions. Tell me about yourself? How would you go about improving a process? I was apply for a process improvement position so this was the type of questions they asked   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied on the website and received an email stating that I was selected for an interview. Was then flown on site for three 30-minute interviews with three different managers. Each one was for a specific purpose: behavioral, technical, and case study. Heard back about 2-3 weeks later that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a piece of software you used on your resume. Follow-up questions were asked based on what you said.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick and Painless Not bad. Totally Cool. Hardly mattered. Quick and Painless Not bad. Totally Cool. Hardly mattered. Quick and Painless Not bad. Totally Cool. Hardly mattered.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial interview with the recruiter was a horrific experience. The recruiter could not stick with his schedule appointments and left me hanging many times. I quit trying because that's not the type of business I'm going to deal with - I'm sure this is a group-by-group basis, I just happened to connect with one of the worst. Blah

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke to graduate school classmate (former IBM GBS employee), applied online, heard back 1-2 months later, was flown to VA for an interview in early and mid-November, and I had an offer by early December. It was a simple process and interviews/ conversations with 3 VPS, 1 Managing Partner, and 1 Senior Manger quickly convinced me that IBM was a good fit.