IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke to graduate school classmate (former IBM GBS employee), applied online, heard back 1-2 months later, was flown to VA for an interview in early and mid-November, and I had an offer by early December. It was a simple process and interviews/ conversations with 3 VPS, 1 Managing Partner, and 1 Senior Manger quickly convinced me that IBM was a good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial discussion with sourcing person, then with hiring manager. Hiring manager in a rush and scattered. Seems to have already had someone in mind for the job but needed to interview due to policy.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75%?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

This is professional company where they follow quite standard process like filtering the CVs, First initial Talk, then Technical interview and then Management round of interview. I like the interview process where its one day activity.

Interview Questions

• General questions about prior experience, then Technical round and then check communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

6 rounds of interview, from 2nd line manager, 1st line manager, teammates, and one extra distinguished engineer. Teammates asked the detailed technical questions, 1st line manager asked the same questions but more high level. 2nd line manager kind of tested my presentation skills.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Three execs interviewed me, looking for experience in Big Data Consulting, Data Modelling, Data extraction and data loading and Business Intelligence applications in the Retailing Industry. Each Interview was an assessment of the different aspects of the Use of Big Data, what type of BI tools I was familiar with and with what kinds of Retailers I had worked over prior years

Interview Questions

• What have you done with your former employee that substantially and successfully changed the outcome of a deal with a major Retailer   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

There were Two rounds of telephonic technical interview + 1 face to face leadership interview . Technical Interview was each 45 min . Leadership Interview focused on the HR aspects .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Recruiter scheduled call
    3. Telephone interview with Manager
    4. Telephone interview with Peer Manager
    5. Video interview with another manager

Total Time: 2 months

Comments:
    These interviews were over a two month period and after each interview there was little feedback. Finally, after the last interview I had to check my status on the Career site to see the job was on "HOLD" and "Under Manager Review". IBMers on Quora said this meant I was still under consideration. A few weeks later with still no word from the recruiter, I checked again and found the "JOB WAS CANCELED".

I had expected more from IBM after going through 4 interviews and I am not impressed and wary of ever applying for another position given their current recruiting processes as well as the company itself. IBM has strayed far from its well known status as being one of the best tech companies to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide younger co-workers to speak with customers for insights rather than just GOOGLE-ing for an answer?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

An IBM panel came to our college. We had 3 interviews, 30 mins each. 1 - Technical, 1 - behavioral and 1 - case study. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and patient in answering our questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the sales of "abc", Explain the data that you would seek for analysis and ML algorithms to use.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen interview then Hirevue video call. HR spoke to me on phone for 20 mins and then arranged the Video call interview. Hirevue interview follow up nothing came up

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked The interviewer came to interview almost 15 mins late that is video call and she didn't say apology also and asked me what kind of visa you are and then she just asked couple of question and no idea she doesn't asked any kind of technical questions and she doesn't have the skills in that particular area.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process what very seamless. I was recruited through a staffing agency and referred to IBM recruiters. I had 2 interviews with IBM staff approx 30 mins each. The feedback from the interviews came within 5 days as they advised. The official offer letter did take a little extra time to receive, because of the internal approval process.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a summary of your experience that makes you qualified for this job.   Answer Question