IBM Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

6 rounds of interview, from 2nd line manager, 1st line manager, teammates, and one extra distinguished engineer. Teammates asked the detailed technical questions, 1st line manager asked the same questions but more high level. 2nd line manager kind of tested my presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

An interview is a conversation where questions are asked and answers are given.[1] In common parlance, the word "interview" refers to a one-on-one conversation with one person acting in the role of the interviewer and the other in the role of the interviewee. The interviewer asks questions, the interviewee responds, with participants taking turns talking. Interviews usually involve a transfer of information from interviewee to interviewer, which is usually the primary purpose of the interview, although information transfers can happen in both directions simultaneously. One can contrast an interview which involves bi-directional communication with a one-way flow of information, such as a speech or oration.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Meticulous and Professional Interactions with clear objectives for both the interviewee & interviewer. Very well planned and time bound interactions of multiple rounds with pointed questions enabling a seamless process, making it easier and precise for both parties. All the rounds of interview gives absolute clarity to both the interviewer and interviewee on the asks and allows them to take the right decision choosing the candidate / employer

Interview Questions

• Questions to understand / test your domain skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview and Group panel and online test and communication test and HR round,All the process is organized professional way,overall The recruitment process of IBM with some general recruitment process of IT companies.

Interview Questions

• How i can contribute to organization   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was straigh forward

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

First round is Technical round. Total interview time is for 45 min. Questions on java threads, hibernate mapping, struts, JSP.
    Resource manager round 20 min. about designs, responsibilities.
    Final Technical round. Total interview time is for 30 min. Algorithms, Servlets. Mainly on core java and XML
    Final HR round for package discussion.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was telephonic interview. On time interview started and they accept the original govt ID proof. Interview duration based on your work experience. Very intimate questions related to the technologies and on spot results will be given.
    SAP CRM: enhancement point and user exits and questions on projects in resume.

Interview Questions

• SAP CRM: enhancement point and user exits and questions on projects in resume.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Voice Ascent test, Aptitude, face to face, you will have to dial a number it will get connected to system. system start asking very basic questions you will have to answer them over the phone slowly and perfectly. system will analyzes our voice as well as answers. Next we will have Aptitude test for almost 45 minutes. I didn't clear the test though.

Interview Questions

• Voice test through phone, System will ask some questions we need to answer the question. based on you are Answers system will analyses the our Voice Ascent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

I had around 5 rounds out of which couple of technical rounds on voice call and 1 face to face with the tech lead and the manager.

First round is with Technical recruiter to go through your resume and the experience on the tool and other capabilities. Face to face was more with the tool rather than the other clients information.

Interview Questions

• Experience with the current tool and understanding of it,.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Mostly real life scenario questions. Technical questions were a test of deep technical knowledge. Phone interview with manager and senior tech person. As I was able to answer all the tech questions quickly, the whole interview was only 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss and your client asked for something at the sametime?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Quite dragged out but once I got to the right people and managers it went smoothly. Very helpful with employee referral and knowing people inside the company. I was persistent in making sure I joined a growth area that was doing well.

Interview Questions

• What led you to applying for this role and why do you want to work with this?   Answer Question