IBM Senior Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick, very prompt with timings. Had a great interview with room to explain my views on the subject. Had 4 rounds and the difficulty level increased as the levels pass. HR and offer process was very slow. Took more than 2 weeks to even talk about numbers.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of this job and role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was referred for the position by an IBM executive. My interview was directly with the practice leader. Process was remarkably fast given the size of the company. Whole process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a bunch of data scientists and mathematicians who are easily lost on tangents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a brief screening phone interview, followed by several longer phone interviews, and then a more lengthy video conferencing interview. 4-5 interviews at least. Mostly situational questions. Smart people. Articulate. Great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was great. Met wonderful people. I was applying for the job from which I was laid off. However, they all but offered me the job at the final interview with the hiring manager. I was told I was the perfect candidate and to expect an offer. After all, it was the job I had for 15 years. I heard nothing for nearly 2 weeks and I followed up with them. I was shocked when I was told they were going to keep looking for other candidates. I thanked the recruiter for her help. She assured me that she would be getting back to me with new opportunities, as I was a perfect rehire candidate, that my skills were extraordinary and that I had very good recommendations. It's been over a month and I have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience at IBM previously. I was a rehire.   1 Answer

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

My interview and hiring process was 16 plus years ago and I was an experience hire. The process has changed and is more rigourus and relies a lot on recommendations.

Negotiation

Simple, IBM offered a competitive package

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, case studies, behavioral questions..

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Simple but lengthy hiring process starting with on-line posting, followed by 3 round of interviews; 1) HR recruiting partner, 2) Hiring manager and 3) Service Line Executive.
    It took several weeks to receive a formal offer and once the package is received, you must spend time to read / complete all of the forms.

Interview Questions

• No specific tricky questions. Behavioral interviews oriented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was initially a little difficult as it looked like they weren't initially interested, but upon obtaining an offer from a competitor, they perked up and quickly moved through hiring.

Interview Questions

• How many projects have you completed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short. They clearly wanted me to join and made the top offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

Had a couple interviews: Technical Interview and Business interview. Simple to get to the next steps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Process was very fast as they were trying to fill a position for an upcoming project

Interview Questions

• how do you configure key figures in SAP APO   1 Answer

Salary