IBM Senior Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Senior Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.6

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, case studies, behavioral questions..

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

Had a couple interviews: Technical Interview and Business interview. Simple to get to the next steps

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Simple but lengthy hiring process starting with on-line posting, followed by 3 round of interviews; 1) HR recruiting partner, 2) Hiring manager and 3) Service Line Executive.
    It took several weeks to receive a formal offer and once the package is received, you must spend time to read / complete all of the forms.

Interview Questions

• No specific tricky questions. Behavioral interviews oriented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

Very professional and informed the whole way through the process.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project I managed   1 Answer
    • What technology was I strongest in   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Process was very fast as they were trying to fill a position for an upcoming project

Interview Questions

• how do you configure key figures in SAP APO   1 Answer

Salary

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cambridge, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was initially a little difficult as it looked like they weren't initially interested, but upon obtaining an offer from a competitor, they perked up and quickly moved through hiring.

Interview Questions

• How many projects have you completed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short. They clearly wanted me to join and made the top offer.

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Without much fuss but maybe a bit slower than smaller, more agile companies. Very heavy on in-person interviews to test fit and overall candidate performance. The screening process for my particular position started at the university with a phone interview and closed with a intense 4 interviews in one day session a couple of weeks later. Emphasis is on fit (passion/enthusiasm for the industry and company) and business cases that require some creative thinking and basic understanding of the IBM business model.

Interview Questions

• Heavy on business cases that are somewhat IBM specific. Reading up on the company's strategy helps and is expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited negotiating power. IBM has clout in the industry and uses it. This giant doesn't fall with any individual and will not give in. Will respect market rates though as you can prove them.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

My interview and hiring process was 16 plus years ago and I was an experience hire. The process has changed and is more rigourus and relies a lot on recommendations.

Negotiation

Simple, IBM offered a competitive package

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by onsite interview
    Onsite interview contained a written excersize, three face to face and a group case study
    The written exercise was to write about a business success. The face to face interviews covered culture fit, consulting expertise and industry expertise. The case study team three candidates of different skillset and set them to solve a business problem and present to a panel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was great. Met wonderful people. I was applying for the job from which I was laid off. However, they all but offered me the job at the final interview with the hiring manager. I was told I was the perfect candidate and to expect an offer. After all, it was the job I had for 15 years. I heard nothing for nearly 2 weeks and I followed up with them. I was shocked when I was told they were going to keep looking for other candidates. I thanked the recruiter for her help. She assured me that she would be getting back to me with new opportunities, as I was a perfect rehire candidate, that my skills were extraordinary and that I had very good recommendations. It's been over a month and I have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience at IBM previously. I was a rehire.   1 Answer