IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of meeting three separate managers and senior technical staff. Brought into a meeting room and was asked several questions regarding my work history, followed by my educational background. Then was asked several technical questions focusing on security. with scenarios. I found the questions ranged from easy to mid level in complexity. Not many hard ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Your experience. Then into technical question   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in Bangalore in 2009. The interview was fairly straightforward,no surprises. I think it all depends on your specific interviewer. My skillset is Mainframes and that's what the interviewer tested. The technical int lasted for about 45 mins and was followed by an HR interview with the Project Manager. I quoted a number and was offered that salary. I was offered Relocation benefits as well.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

For me it was easy since I had already worked for the client I was interviewing for, in this position and only had an interview about the new application I was going to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Noida (India)).

Interview

Smooth and informative. Crisp and to the point.
    Scheduled rounds. On time. Feedback followed by each round and on the spot.
    Proactive recruiter and informative HRs. Professional and at the same time friendly enough to make you comfortable

Interview Questions

• Related to Technologies.
      Basic as well as brain storming
      Tricky questionnaire
      1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

It deepends on the kind of experiece and value you carry in resume.
    I had 1-2 round
    then salary description
    The procedure was crisp and fast and best thing is Salary offer was not as good as others but the kind of bonus they gave defined a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why you leave your comapny when it is so promissing   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was long discussion of various how and buts as to why i am legible of what i am asking for.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in September 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interview.
    1- Technical telephonic- If you are a deserving candidate then it will continue for more than 40-45 minutes. Once over, HR will update you in few minutes regarding your status.
    2- PDM round- It's a kind of managerial round. They will ask you some situation oriented question based on your project. You approach to the question should be fine.
    Hr discussion will happen on same round itself.
    After one week received email from IBM to send required documents. Once sent document, it will take one more one week to get the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• 1- Basic and advanced level questions from UNIX, shell scripting, SQL and plsql   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will get the salary offer on PDM round itself. Depend on you if you accept it or not. But they will let you know the maximum they can provide.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Basically they will have two rounds:-
    1- Technical telphonic- It will go for 40-45 minues if you are the deseving one
    2- PDM Round- They will ask some situation orinted questions based on your project

Once you cleared PDM round, it will take one more week to get email for sending documents. Then it will take one more week to dispatch the offer.

Interview Questions

• Intermiddiate level questions on unix, shell scripting, sal, pl/sql.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 2 rounds out of which the first was technical which took around 45 minutes and covered almost all the basics and few scenarios.After that managerial plus HR round in which they ask questions like why did you leave the previous company,why do you want to join IBM etc etc and discuss the package too. The overall experience was good.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview is very good but you have to wait too much to complete all rounds in one day.they given the good hike and possion. Looking forward to work in ibm

Interview Questions

• Most challenging work what you have done   1 Answer