IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of meeting three separate managers and senior technical staff. Brought into a meeting room and was asked several questions regarding my work history, followed by my educational background. Then was asked several technical questions focusing on security. with scenarios. I found the questions ranged from easy to mid level in complexity. Not many hard ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Your experience. Then into technical question   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in Bangalore in 2009. The interview was fairly straightforward,no surprises. I think it all depends on your specific interviewer. My skillset is Mainframes and that's what the interviewer tested. The technical int lasted for about 45 mins and was followed by an HR interview with the Project Manager. I quoted a number and was offered that salary. I was offered Relocation benefits as well.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

For me it was easy since I had already worked for the client I was interviewing for, in this position and only had an interview about the new application I was going to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1. Was called on the basis of profile on Naukri via Job agency, Straight forward. Basic Mainframe questions. Interview within a week and then offer was made in another week

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed during a job drive at IBM. Technical round followed by managerial round. Both were telephonic and took place at the IBM Pune office. The best part about interviewing during the Job drive is that all the rounds of the interview process will be done in a day.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary and how much hike you are expecting?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. First technical round was on phone from their location.
    HR round was also good, they negotiate you, try to not go down much .
    The hectic and time consuming process was documents verification, it took 15-20 working days.

Interview Questions

• Basics of Python
      Basics of database
      Skills you have worked on Projects.
      Project details
      No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Basics of oops database n everything on ur resume.
    SQL server questions
    Java script questions
    Depending on. Your experience the difficulty of your questions are asked
    Hiring process took 2 weeks
    First the Technical discussion and HR round

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

1-1 Technical Discussion and Managerial Discussion .Salary negotiation is discussed with Manager. Manager showed his negotiation skills.so,please show your skills wisely then you can reach your expected salary

Interview Questions

• Covered tech stuff on Spark,Big data,scala,hive,sqoop,java and hbase. Covered almost all the concepts.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview was easy to crack .

3 rounds were there +1 last HR Round:

1)Online test and coding
    2)Technical Discussion
    3)Managerial Round
    4)Final HR Round

In Technical round they asked abut current project I am working on.
    basic spring questions.