IBM Interview Questions in Shanghai, China | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Shanghai, China

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

I joined the IBM Global Delivery Company Limited weeks ago. Our team worked for the Suncorp project. It is a Australian Insurance company. There are three rounds of technical interviews, all are phone interviews because they won't reimburse the cost of travelling to Shanghai. First round is quite simple, just some basic questions on Java and English skills. In second round, two engineers interviewed me, they started with simple questions and then go deeper. I really enjoyed the process because they asked some awesome questions and they did it not like an interview but like a technical discussion, the atmosphere is comforting. Last round was from another team, this interviewer behaved a little more serious, all discussion are all technical oriented.

Interview Questions

• agile methodology   Answer Question
    • what do you know about java concurrent package, what is the difference between concurrent package and synchronized classes. I mentioned concurrenthashmap, they asked how it was implemented. Luckily I read the implemented before so I gave a briefing of its code design details.   Answer Question
    • Java 7 features   1 Answer
    • if a variable is shared by multiple thread, how do you ensure thread safety.   1 Answer
    • design patterns, hibernate entity states   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2014.

Interview

hr performs first round of interviews. straight forward with salary and package. job scope however are left for the second round interviewers. salary details include expanses and relocation packages.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

Paper test -> 1st Interview (team leader or team member) -> 2nd Interview (reporting manager) -> Final Interview (executive)

Interview Questions

• There might be pressure interview which will judge the candidate's reaction according to pressure. Any answers provided by the candidate will be challenged so need to practice before interview and try to lead the discussion to your direction instead of involving in arguments.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too much negotiation. IBM HR define the standard of salary payment and your manager and executives do not have too much impact on that.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2013.

Interview

receive a phone call to introduce the background and some project related information, then on-site 3 face-to-face interview, two technical group interview and one 1:1 management personality interview. get the offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• what's the opinion on the cloud deployment of IBM products and others well-known cloud solutions? what's your comment on the "IBM crisis" in cloud field?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

Call me through telephone to ask about the basic information
    Mail me arrange a face to face interview
    Ask me about my working experice in detail, mainly about my project experience
    Call to inform me the next round
    Someone in charge to the unit maybe level c talk with me I think he just test my motivation to work for them

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

Mainly it was about excel formula and build-in macro usage due to the daily usage of the business. They also took a look at my resume and I thought my consulting internship helped a lot on getting an analyst job. By the way I was not majored in IT field.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the manager of the legal department and the associate who became my supervisor for the whole year. The manager and the associate were really nice and they were really trying to know me during the interview process. I didn't get nervous or anything. I think the compnay culture really suits me.

Interview Questions

• Basically just asked my previous working experiences and extracurricular activities at uni.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2010.

Interview

Professional and detailed process with very clear steps and contact points

Interview Questions

• Most challenging project and how did you overcome   1 Answer

Senior S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2009.

Interview

It's a too long and tired interview. There are totally 10 rounds interview.

Negotiation

very tired

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2008.

Interview

a panel interview, discuss cases with 6 other applicants
    quite serious high level managers, but overall nice culture
    admitted applicants are quite nice and supportive