IBM Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

168 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

i got selected by this company to work for IBM for contract 18months after clearing all rounds they said u r rejected because they want some money from every student they are selecting they will give eligibility as 2015 16 passout but if 2014 passout will pay money they will give training to them they will give training if dogs will pay money to them when i sat there for 2 days some students talking in phone like once GD is over they will get direct call from manipal u can go there directly like that they are talking in the phone they dont need students talent they will need only money money money...............

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interviews, the first one ís the most dificult. You are mostly asked about your past job and your experience. Make sure to answer honestly. After the interview you have to wait about 3 weeks for the result. be a little patient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Blue Bell, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Took the IPAT, which tests you on number sequences and algebra word problems. The number sequences are irrelevant, and the algebra word problems are timed too short. Some people may disagree and say to study first, but I had other interviews to worry about and did not have the time to study for the IPAT just for one interview. Long story short, I did bad on it (and I was at fault for not wanting to waste time studying for it). Still, I was contacted the following day, and asked to do a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled for the following day, and consisted of a few fundamental technical questions and some questions to get to know your background. It was a short 20 minute call. Later that day I was invited on-site. Two days later, the onsite happened and involved meeting three people: a developer, the developer I spoke to on the phone, and the manager of the team. Both developers were nice, the manager was not. The first developer I met with had me do some whiteboarding. The first questions was too tough for me to handle, so we did a tree traversal problem to add every node at a certain level to an array. I got about 85% of the question as I was choking after the failure of the first problem. The next person I met was the developer I spoke to on the phone. He asked me only fundamental problems and some basic SQL. I nailed that section. The worst part was meeting the manager. For some reason, I could tell he did not like me the moment he laid eyes on me. He started off by asking me what I knew about C++ and Java. I told him I really only knew Java, and my only experience with C++ was in an intro programming class in college. So he saw the potential in grinding me to a pulp, so he went down that route. After that he began asking me questions on Java, I was able to respond with correct answer, but with every correct answer, he would ask a question one level deeper. It got to the point where he was asking me how I would design a critical component of Java myself, something that I could not even find the answer to on Google. I kept asking him to elaborate on what he meant as I fed him answers he did not like. He kept saying "No. No. I am talking high-level here." He did throw in some fair questions that I did not know the answers to as well. Look, I was at fault for not studying up on some concepts, but when a job is listed as "entry-level" and is looking for a minimum for 1 years of experience, do not expect someone to be able to answer some mid-level questions and act like they are a waste of your time for applying to a job that matched the required skillset that was listed.

Interview Questions

• How would you return the average of the sums for every employee per department in SQL?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a college alumni who was employed at the company. The initial process was a phone screen and technical questions to see which role I would fit based on my experience. After the initial phone screen, the recruiter set up a call with the team manager and discussed the project I would potentially be working on and how my skill set would align.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vilnius (Lithuania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Vilnius (Lithuania)).

Interview

Interview in closed room with HR Manager and one developer. HR Manager asked questions about why would you like to get a position in IBM, university I studied at. Developer asked various HTML, CSS, Java related questions.

Overall, even I did not get the position I gained a lot from the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Would you send information over the internet with json or xml method   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Such a good experience in the interview IBM came to my campus for recruiting there we're 3 rounds first Is aptitude which WS easy next is personality assessment round next WS hr and technical both in a round I m proud to be a part of IBM

Interview Questions

• Abt cloud computing linked list   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Brisbane (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application on Sunday, 2 days later I had an aptitude test (very abstract number sequences and algebra). The aptitude test wasn't that bad, in fact it was kind of fun, the part that was absolutely TERRIFYING was the HR interview! The Interview was a week after the aptitude test. They try and lull you into a false sense of security by saying they will discuss your skills and experience and why you want to work for them (pretty standard and I'd be more than happy to oblige) but don't let them fool you! In the horrifying reality they will ask a list of complicated behavioral questions used to dismantle any articulate thought processes you thought you had and leave you a sobbing mess shoving chocolate cake into your face. I thought I was prepared with multiple scenarios for these kind of questions...I was NOT prepared! They want you to REALLY think. Overall it was horrifying but I carried a lot away from this experience - You can never be prepared enough...NEVER! But in all honestly I'll be trying again next year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Miami, FL).

Interview

Long tedious and boring The process seemed like it was going to be easy because the Xbase equestrians on the online application but the phone if you was quite difficult I didn't know what to say.

Interview Questions

• Okay benefit the company what skills do you have that will bring value to the entity   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

After the phone screening and coding challenge there is the on site interview. It takes 3-4 hours during which you meet the entire project team. Some may ask technical questions, but generally they ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Social/Behavioral questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

first round of interview is the technical test. i get one hour to answer alot of technical question. then , it is the oral interview. A brief self introduction and tell the interviewer why you want to join the company. after that, wait for second interview.

Interview Questions

• delete a node for linkedlist. then reverse the string.   1 Answer