IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 30, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

the interview process took around a month. First round was to complete coding challenge task. The second was phone interview and if you successfully pass them both then you will be invited to in office interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Over the phone technical interview with manager:
    - Experiences, Projects, etc.
    In person interview with manager:
    - Technical interview. Asked about relevant language experience
    - Created hypothetical work situations

Had other offers I wanted to field but early hiring led to me having to cancel other submissions so that I did not lose this offer. In manager's defense they did wait 1 month for me to field other offers.

Interview Questions

• - Technical interview. Asked about relevant language experience
      - Created hypothetical work situations
      - Experiences, Projects, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is super super slow, took around 3 months. First, 4 hours coding assessment. Second, half hour asking something about resume and two simple coding questions: fizz buzz and move all the zero to the end of the array. Third, one-hour coding questions: check winner of the tic tac toe and design a deck of a poker. Did not made it to on-site interview. Overall, it's very easy, but I don't know why I did not make it to on-site.

Interview Questions

• check the winner of tic tac toe, design a deck of poker (draw and shuffle)
      fizz buzz, move zeros   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I've got an email from IBM to interview via HireValu which is an online interview and they gave me 15 business day to get prepared for that. I was asked to complete 8 questions which 3 of them was coding problems (each question 1hr to complete) and 5 general questions.
    The coding was about strings and class inheritance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening after manager got my resume, manager asked some questions based on my resume and some technical questions. 1 week later, I got an online Coding Challenge which requires to be completed within 5 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard 30 min interview. Applied for a testing qa internship. Asked about my side projects. 2 interviewers. Spent 10 min asking general questions and the remainder on technical questions. They asked about some of the challenges I've faced, what I would have done differently and so forth. I was also asked about the stack I chose, why I chose it, and other design decisions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would test a piece of code they wrote.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

IBM started with a few initial emails -- confirmations of interest, something about export validation. Then it went quiet for a few weeks before I was contacted out of the blue for a coding challenge -- a web-based, nonmonitored (but timed) coding test. After that, another 2 weeks passed before I received confirmation of a live video interview (not in-person). After that, they do a second interview, then additional paperwork and emails.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply at IBM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, first they have you do a coding test. Then it was IBM IPAT Test. The second test was the harder part in my opinion. You were given only 45 seconds for each questions and although some questions were fairly easy, there were some tricky questions that you might need a bit more time on. I received the rejection email a bit afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Choose the number that comes next in the series: 3,6,9,12,15,18   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was pretty easy and straightforward. Some behaviour questions and easy technical questions. You just know basic algorithm questions and you should be fine. If you have taken data structure course you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was done online as a challenge with a few programming, problem-solving, and OOP questions. As I remember it, the challenge contains about 8 questions. If I remember correctly hey require you to explain what are you studying now and why, what new project are you working on, why do you think you are a beneficial choice for the position, and a few programming challenges. You are also required to explain your procedure for solving the challenges.