IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had an online application and review process followed by a multiple phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. The interview process covered technical capabilities along with customer support capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and background   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Got asked some questions about my behavior things (what is one situation where someone made you upset and how did you handle it), then got told what the conditions were if they hired me (laptop, hours). Eventually I took an online number pattern test that was pretty tough but I never saw the results.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Strangest screening I have had thus far. Recruiter asked me to call them (never had that experience before). Screening was less than 10 minutes as well. Still not sure if I will be involved in next steps.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied online, and got an OA online interview which includes 3 coding questions and 5 video question. Coding are fairly simple and video needs you more time to prepare. Overall it is very simple and you can prepare it by staring looking at some basic behavior questions online

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

the coding challenge is a little difficult than I expected, it took me three hours to finish it. Then one week I received an email. I am preparing for the second run.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 hour online interview, They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

This interview consisted of 2 phone interviews. The first with the direct manager I would be working under and the second of 6 partners within the team. Overall it was a friendly atmosphere and the questions were not fully technical, more about explaining my experience.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

I got an interview with IBM Watson cloud. Some behavior questions were mentioned in the process. Before that I passed an online programming test. And sadly no group match me with a position.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult question you've ever met in development   Answer Question
    • what's coolest code or function you implemented before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked about past project and my background on resume for almost 10 minutes. The recruiter cared about why IBM and went specific into my answer. Answered a technical question. Gave me about five minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• function nStrStr(str1, str2)
      How many str1 appeared in str2
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a email to a Hirevue interview. The interview takes about 3 to 4 hours. You get 3 behavior questions and 3 programming exercises of 1 hour each. The programming exercises are fairly simple, some FizzBuzz problem and searching. It has been 6 weeks and I have not heard back from them yet.