IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The first round of the interview was a phone screening. The recruiter interviewed me for about 30 minutes, asking me about my previous experience and background. He spent most of the time describing about the company, job role and work culture. He was very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your professional failures and its result.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had an online application and review process followed by a multiple phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. The interview process covered technical capabilities along with customer support capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

3 hours long, some technical questions some general, met with 3 people, awaiting offer
    meeting with manager, the lead, and the architect. Distance is a problem, need more flexible work/remote options

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A couple phone screens with plenty of discussion on experience, past projects, etc. leading up to a single on-site that entailed meeting with multiple engineering teams, further discussion of experience and past projects followed by whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Given an aray with ['a1', 'a2', .....'aN', 'b1', 'b2', ....'bN', 'c1', 'c2', .....'cN'], stagger the subarrays so it becomes ['a1', 'b1', 'c1', 'a2', 'b2', 'c2', ...'aN', 'bN', 'cN']. The optimal solution requires linear-time sorting and a constant space complexity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Got asked some questions about my behavior things (what is one situation where someone made you upset and how did you handle it), then got told what the conditions were if they hired me (laptop, hours). Eventually I took an online number pattern test that was pretty tough but I never saw the results.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Strangest screening I have had thus far. Recruiter asked me to call them (never had that experience before). Screening was less than 10 minutes as well. Still not sure if I will be involved in next steps.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied online, and got an OA online interview which includes 3 coding questions and 5 video question. Coding are fairly simple and video needs you more time to prepare. Overall it is very simple and you can prepare it by staring looking at some basic behavior questions online

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

the coding challenge is a little difficult than I expected, it took me three hours to finish it. Then one week I received an email. I am preparing for the second run.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 hour online interview, They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

This interview consisted of 2 phone interviews. The first with the direct manager I would be working under and the second of 6 partners within the team. Overall it was a friendly atmosphere and the questions were not fully technical, more about explaining my experience.