IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

425 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, first they have you do a coding test. Then it was IBM IPAT Test. The second test was the harder part in my opinion. You were given only 45 seconds for each questions and although some questions were fairly easy, there were some tricky questions that you might need a bit more time on. I received the rejection email a bit afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Choose the number that comes next in the series: 3,6,9,12,15,18   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Neverending coding challenges online where they watch you code through your webcam. Very creepy and overly invasive just to make sure you don't "google anything", because apparently the engineers at IBM Watson never forget anything and all have photographic memories. Absolutely ridiculous and not worth what they're paying considering they're in NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

2 weeks after sending resume, got a response for video-code exam. A link was sent by email. I am allowed to choose to start in 3 days.
    If click the link,the interview have to finished in 2-3 hours.
    Questions: introduce yourself;
    some behavior questions;
    2 code writing
    1 explanation on why you were doing the code in the way

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

4 interviews, they ask you everything and try to make sure you know it all, just to ruin your life stay away from this hell

Interview Questions

• if you are going to mars, what will you take with you(only have 2 choices)   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 months and I regret every second of it. I should have stayed away

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

2 technical and 1 peoples manager, I was referred internally for the role for AIX dev team for PowerHA. I was interviewed on linux internals and C programming and data structures

Interview Questions

• Display a tree in C, Linux internals   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Kolkata (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Very professional with the approach
    Aptitude test consisting Maths and English total of 2 hrs
    Questions were diffcult and only 20 percent of total cleared it.
    HR interview was good. Some were asked technical questions

Interview Questions

• Describe the best role you will fit in the organization if not offered an role for software engineer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Galway (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Technical and soft skills were examined in a one to one setting, technical questions were examined and cv had to be submitted online for examination. Also checked references and exam results. Had phone interview with manager also to see if I was a good fit for the team

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The skills test/interview was through Hirevue.
    There was a combination of answering questions about my experience and why I would be a good fit for the team as well as coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our team based on your experience?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Taipei (Taiwan)).

Interview

There are two interviews totally.
    First interview was technical interview. The duration was around 1~2 hours. All interviewers were my future team members. They asked every aspects question related to their product. It's pretty tough but worth.
    Second interview was normal interview with a few behavior questions. You can negotiation salary in second interview.

Interview Questions

• Linux basic skills.
      Networking experience in layer 2 and 3, or even over layer 5.
      Crypto questions. (SSH, DH)
      Basic algorithm questions. (Sort, Hash, Tree)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Two Rounds of Technical Interview and one HR Round. Get Prepare for basic programs like Fresher.To Complete all Rounds of Interview 3 to 4 hours it will take ..

Interview Questions

• Write a program to identify duplicate characters and their count from .   1 Answer