IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, first they have you do a coding test. Then it was IBM IPAT Test. The second test was the harder part in my opinion. You were given only 45 seconds for each questions and although some questions were fairly easy, there were some tricky questions that you might need a bit more time on. I received the rejection email a bit afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Choose the number that comes next in the series: 3,6,9,12,15,18   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Neverending coding challenges online where they watch you code through your webcam. Very creepy and overly invasive just to make sure you don't "google anything", because apparently the engineers at IBM Watson never forget anything and all have photographic memories. Absolutely ridiculous and not worth what they're paying considering they're in NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

2 weeks after sending resume, got a response for video-code exam. A link was sent by email. I am allowed to choose to start in 3 days.
    If click the link,the interview have to finished in 2-3 hours.
    Questions: introduce yourself;
    some behavior questions;
    2 code writing
    1 explanation on why you were doing the code in the way

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

4 interviews, they ask you everything and try to make sure you know it all, just to ruin your life stay away from this hell

Interview Questions

• if you are going to mars, what will you take with you(only have 2 choices)   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 months and I regret every second of it. I should have stayed away

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Two Rounds of Technical Interview and one HR Round. Get Prepare for basic programs like Fresher.To Complete all Rounds of Interview 3 to 4 hours it will take ..

Interview Questions

• Write a program to identify duplicate characters and their count from .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A couple phone screens with plenty of discussion on experience, past projects, etc. leading up to a single on-site that entailed meeting with multiple engineering teams, further discussion of experience and past projects followed by whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Given an aray with ['a1', 'a2', .....'aN', 'b1', 'b2', ....'bN', 'c1', 'c2', .....'cN'], stagger the subarrays so it becomes ['a1', 'b1', 'c1', 'a2', 'b2', 'c2', ...'aN', 'bN', 'cN']. The optimal solution requires linear-time sorting and a constant space complexity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience none of that really matters now as I got the job.I am not going to tell any questions asked in the interview process because i signed NDA so deal with ti

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

IBM had conducted total 3 Rounds of interview . One telephonic and and second round was their for Face to Face for Technical and third round was their for HR Discussion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have not gone through this phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

3 hours long, some technical questions some general, met with 3 people, awaiting offer
    meeting with manager, the lead, and the architect. Distance is a problem, need more flexible work/remote options

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Wayne, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

long process. Took 2-3 weeks. Overall average experience. In the end gave offer and accepted it. There is no negative experience. The technical round was a bit tough. No bonds. Good salary and benefits. No bonus though. Does sponsor visa and green card