IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Written + Interview . Cut off marks will be decided on number of candidate . process were very smooth and managed too . Only thing is keep your logic strong . Oops Concept is important.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1 aptitude test (quantitative )
    Technical aptitude
    2 rounds of technical interviews
    1 HR round

1 technical was after the above process and a manager of a designated team interviewed.They were very much into Operating systems .

Interview Questions

• C,datastructures and operating systems   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 hour online interview, They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was said a Face 2 Face but at the venue had to appear for a technical test and java program on a online ide which cannot be used to run the program or debug but only to execute pre defined test

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

asked some design pattern problems, data structures and multi-threading, and asked to introduce working experience. the problems you have met and how you fix it.

Interview Questions

• please write code of traversing binary tree using non-recursive algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I've got an email from IBM to interview via HireValu which is an online interview and they gave me 15 business day to get prepared for that. I was asked to complete 8 questions which 3 of them was coding problems (each question 1hr to complete) and 5 general questions.
    The coding was about strings and class inheritance

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was done online as a challenge with a few programming, problem-solving, and OOP questions. As I remember it, the challenge contains about 8 questions. If I remember correctly hey require you to explain what are you studying now and why, what new project are you working on, why do you think you are a beneficial choice for the position, and a few programming challenges. You are also required to explain your procedure for solving the challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a email to a Hirevue interview. The interview takes about 3 to 4 hours. You get 3 behavior questions and 3 programming exercises of 1 hour each. The programming exercises are fairly simple, some FizzBuzz problem and searching. It has been 6 weeks and I have not heard back from them yet.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in November 2013.

Interview

It was a four round process including GD, Aptitude Test, English Writing Assessment Test and One To One Interview and lasted for 3 days. The hiring managers were nice and the hiring process was very smooth. Got the offer letter 30 days after getting interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate frequently?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

interview experince was awesome.Very few technical questions.Nothing to worry about.If you have read geeksforgeeks its very possible to clear any technical test.Do not woory about result just give your best.Interviers are very helpful and they guided me throughout the peocess