IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Wayne, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

long process. Took 2-3 weeks. Overall average experience. In the end gave offer and accepted it. There is no negative experience. The technical round was a bit tough. No bonds. Good salary and benefits. No bonus though. Does sponsor visa and green card

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.
    A recruiter came to my university to interview me. He seemed mostly interested in my overall skills, including soft skills. I shared my portfolio of work, and he asked me questions about what I wanted to do in the future. I was surprised IBM was interested in me because I'm not a computer science major, but it didn't seem to matter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by full-day interview on-site and lunch with the team. Split day into 5 x 1-1.5 hour interviews with project lead, lead software architect, and two software engineers from within the team. Mix of behavioral/ technical questions from all interviewers, in proportion from 50/50 to 100%. Mix of whiteboarding, coding on paper, and walking thru code sample from one of my earlier projects (a lot of "why did I write it that way?" open-ended questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to compare two strings and determine if they're the same.   Answer Question
    • Write a method to flatten and re-arrange a json structure.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

the coding challenge is a little difficult than I expected, it took me three hours to finish it. Then one week I received an email. I am preparing for the second run.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

First telephone round,Technical Interview1,Technical inter2,Hr. In first round they will ask about basic level of your current job and technoligies.And in the technical inter you should be strong in one of the programming language.

Interview Questions

• Basics about, c language,data structures,c++, oops.about your project   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

asked some design pattern problems, data structures and multi-threading, and asked to introduce working experience. the problems you have met and how you fix it.

Interview Questions

• please write code of traversing binary tree using non-recursive algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I've got an email from IBM to interview via HireValu which is an online interview and they gave me 15 business day to get prepared for that. I was asked to complete 8 questions which 3 of them was coding problems (each question 1hr to complete) and 5 general questions.
    The coding was about strings and class inheritance

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was done online as a challenge with a few programming, problem-solving, and OOP questions. As I remember it, the challenge contains about 8 questions. If I remember correctly hey require you to explain what are you studying now and why, what new project are you working on, why do you think you are a beneficial choice for the position, and a few programming challenges. You are also required to explain your procedure for solving the challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The next day an email was sent out requesting that I complete an IPAT test that is linked to continue to the next stage.
    The test is timed where you have to complete a series of cognitive questions before the time runs out. There are plenty of resources describing it if googled, but it can be likened to an IQ test with reasoning, ratios, number sequences, etc.
    The test was to be completed within 7 days, but recommends completion within 2 days. A response by email is usually within a couple of days.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, Face to face HR interview, Technical interview. Questions asked were basically Completely related to the skills mentioned on the CV Java based role. Questions were role specific. Very professional. great experience. No white board interview.