IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It went very soomthly.first we have to determine about ourselves and then the HR takes the lead and starts the technical and non technical process of questioning and finally about the projects.Attitude is the main base in the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was really challenging and involved a lot of logical and critical thinking. The initial application to IBM consists of two parts: the Online Application form and the IBM Application Template. The application form will ask for your personal details, education and work experience information, and can be submitted through IBM's online application tool.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IBM?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through college/university. Resume scanning. Telephonic interview. The duration was 1 Hour. Interviewer was chilled out. Made me comfortable for the interview. Topic of interview was mostly technical. Also asked about joining location and preferred work (Support, QA or Engineering).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was great, technical questions on data structure and algorithms. The process took about 2 weeks. 1 phone and 2 face to face. The interview comprised four one hour interviews with questions ranging from technical to management and leadership. The technical questions focussed on demonstrating an in depth knowledge of software design and architecture.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

i got a call form ibm for telephonic interview next day
    and they again called me next day before interview to confirm that to be ready for interview
    and then immediately interviewer called me they mainly focused on current project
    they asked question form core java mainly

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online for the post Software Engineer (Entry level) from the IBM careers website. Got an email requesting to take an online aptitude test. Lot of Math problems. Difficulty level was very high when compared to time limit. Gave the test last week waiting for the result and next process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

3 rounds and the IPAT (logic placement test)
    1) behavioral - the guy was kinda rude to me
    2) technical - Python and C questions and a riddle
    3) experiences and behavioral

IPAT was hard and tiresome

Interview Questions

I got a better offer and IBM isn't that lucrative for tech mainly for business.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

First written test consist of 4 program subjective , c language objective, then face to face interview, round was technical all questions were relatd to linux, c, data structure, mostly from linked list. ie find a loop in list delete a node from list etc etc

Interview Questions

• WAP to find wether the system is little endian or big endian.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Coimbatore (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

i applied thorogh my college. It took two days to complete the process but it was easy to get inside if you are good at Operating system concepts. I were having questions in process scheduling and process life cycle, semaphore, mutual exclusion, memory allocation and etc., and then some simple puzzles to solve.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

very long and antagonising, the process began with me applying online then, once they chose me, i went in for an interview. i then sat down with the employer worker and he then asked me a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• have you had any experience being a software engineer at another corporation?   Answer Question

See What IBM Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Senior Systems Architect in Atlanta, GA

Pros: “IBM brings together an amazing array of technology as the basis of real, practical solutions that power Earth's commerce. Some people still think of IBM as "that mainframe...”“IBM brings together an amazing array of technology as the basis of real, practical solutions that power Earth's commerce. Some people still think of IBM as "that mainframe company", but today's IBM has been transformed into an agile, leading edge technology creator. As an IBMer, it is amazing to be able to pick up the phone and chat with the very people who are creating and shaping tomorrow. Blockchain, quantum computing, cognitive computing, and countless other technologies are real-world here. Yes, we still sell some big iron; but (surprise!) it runs Linux!” – Full Review