IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

405 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Poughkeepsie, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A very simple process. Had a aptitude test before the interview with a group Manager. Manager simply asked about my interest and told me about the project. They did not ask any technical questions, though the project they described was obviously very technical. Was told to apply to another Software Engineering Intern position on the website, after I did so I got an offer letter within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Computer Engineering?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Paid based on credits completed towards degree.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2016.

Interview

Talked to manager and was told a phone screen would be set up with a tech lead. Two weeks later, it was finally scheduled. Took time out of my vacation to receive call. Tech lead never called, so I withdrew myself from consideration.

Super disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• are you available for a phone screen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

at scheduled time went to company location for face to face interview. at beginning, meet with front desk and make an appointment, then take an interview with one member of team. then recruiter starts to ask questions. after answers all questions, recruiter asks you to go to lobby and chat with other employees of company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Lansing, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Two behavioral interviews and a "technical" interview. The interviewer showed up late for my technical interview and did not have time to do the technical assessment. He stumbled through my resume and asked me trivial questions about sorting. I was very disappointed with how I was treated and I hope other candidates are not treated so poorly.

Interview Questions

• What sorts do programming languages use?   1 Answer
    • What is fastest: Heap, Merge, or Quick sort.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Three phone interviews, 1 behavorial, 1 technical, and 1 regarding verdict of decision. Pretty standard and straightforward. Technical questions ranged deadlocks to hash tables. Behavorial questions were standard i.e. why do you want to work for us?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After initial contact I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview was a brief process over the phone. It took less than 15 mins. and consisted of technical questions. Nothing too difficult, just job related questions. Also, asked what software as a service is.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a Mail from the HR within 2 weeks. Had a phone interview scheduled. There were no coding test for screening. My background was on JAVA and C++ which did not suite the companies requirements at that point. Interview duration: 30 minutes approx. Two days after the interview got a reject mail.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken a course or worked with semantics and linguistics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Good and smooth. HR are prompt to reply and available on phone as well.
    You know what is happening with your application.
    Interview process is time taking but considerable because of number of applications. For me it took around 4 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process... for the actual project I signed up for.... was great. Went smooth talked about the team and what I would be doing and then went ahead and ask me technical questions about the project. Then on my last day of college I got informed they moved me to something I did not prepare for.

Interview Questions

• How well are you familiar with OOP and Linux OS, briefly describe some things about the operating system   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online for the post Software Engineer (Entry level) from the IBM careers website. Got an email requesting to take an online aptitude test. Lot of Math problems. Difficulty level was very high when compared to time limit. Gave the test last week waiting for the result and next process.