IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Three phone interviews, 1 behavorial, 1 technical, and 1 regarding verdict of decision. Pretty standard and straightforward. Technical questions ranged deadlocks to hash tables. Behavorial questions were standard i.e. why do you want to work for us?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After initial contact I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview was a brief process over the phone. It took less than 15 mins. and consisted of technical questions. Nothing too difficult, just job related questions. Also, asked what software as a service is.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a Mail from the HR within 2 weeks. Had a phone interview scheduled. There were no coding test for screening. My background was on JAVA and C++ which did not suite the companies requirements at that point. Interview duration: 30 minutes approx. Two days after the interview got a reject mail.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken a course or worked with semantics and linguistics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Good and smooth. HR are prompt to reply and available on phone as well.
    You know what is happening with your application.
    Interview process is time taking but considerable because of number of applications. For me it took around 4 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online for the post Software Engineer (Entry level) from the IBM careers website. Got an email requesting to take an online aptitude test. Lot of Math problems. Difficulty level was very high when compared to time limit. Gave the test last week waiting for the result and next process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

face to face via web app. Several programming logic questions were asked. There were questions about what I have worked on in the past and what I like to do. I had two interviews several weeks apart and it would have been nice to know that I would not be getting an offer. I thought the interviews went well but I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• I had to write code for a specific problem. I could chose the language   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by the hiring manager. He called me and asked me questions about my resume, including questions about teamwork experience and things such as that. Afterwards, I was emailed about setting up an on-site interview. They flew me out to their location a few weeks later and I met with the hiring manager, a software engineer that I would possibly work with and a project manager who would most likely end up being my boss. The hiring manager didn't ask me that many questions since he had already talked to me before. The software engineer asked me some technical questions (write a method that does this etc.) and some OOP conceptual questions (what would this program do, etc.). The project manager asked me more in-depth questions about my resume, including how well I work with others and such (the typical behavioral questions). A couple weeks later, they emailed me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that determines if a string is a palindrome.
      Know OOP concepts such as inheritance.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online. Within a couple of weeks I heard back from a recruiter for the company. There was a phone screening - mine lasted about an hour, but it was just to get a feel for the company. It was very relaxed. I have not yet heard from the company.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone screening with hiring manager, and then another phone interview with a member of the team. After that they send me th IPAT test. After one one week I got an offer for an onsite interview. The process was good and mostly about check your personality. Very basic Algorithms and Data structure questions and C++. Offer came after 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first step is completing a 'do on your own time' within 5 days online interview. It had 7 questions, 3 code based and the last asked you to explain how you solved the last coding question. All but the code based questions give you a timer of a few minutes to read the question then you are recorded through the webcam for the allotted time they give you to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string, and capitalize correctly: Hello World -> Dlrow Olleh   Answer Question