IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked about past project and my background on resume for almost 10 minutes. The recruiter cared about why IBM and went specific into my answer. Answered a technical question. Gave me about five minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• function nStrStr(str1, str2)
    How many str1 appeared in str2
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a email to a Hirevue interview. The interview takes about 3 to 4 hours. You get 3 behavior questions and 3 programming exercises of 1 hour each. The programming exercises are fairly simple, some FizzBuzz problem and searching. It has been 6 weeks and I have not heard back from them yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

screen interview. It took almost two hours. some behavior question and data structure. There are three coding question and one question you need to explain your thought. the questions are basic but the coding are a little difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The next day an email was sent out requesting that I complete an IPAT test that is linked to continue to the next stage.
    The test is timed where you have to complete a series of cognitive questions before the time runs out. There are plenty of resources describing it if googled, but it can be likened to an IQ test with reasoning, ratios, number sequences, etc.
    The test was to be completed within 7 days, but recommends completion within 2 days. A response by email is usually within a couple of days.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new college hire. IBM got my resume from a conference database (I never actually applied!) and asked me to complete an online 3 hour coding assessment through hirevue. I didn't get around to doing it before the deadline, but a month or two later I was invited to schedule a "guru" interview with one of their software engineers. This was an hour-long coding interview. The questions (just a couple) were pretty typical and my interviewer was really fun to talk to! Then I was invited to a Finish Line event, but first had to complete the "Guide Interview" (an up-to 30 minute conversation about where you'd like to be) and the original online coding assessment. I did both of these the day before I went to the Finish Line event. The event seemed to be more about convincing us (~200 people) to work at IBM than another assessment. I didn't talk to a human recruiter specifically assigned to me until after an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• At the finish line event, we were asked to give group presentations to a panel about using IBM technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial Screening Process included 5 behavioral questions and 3 technical questions with programming language of your choice. You can choose from a list of programming languages.
    Haven't received any update yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Hireview video interviews (answer interview questions into a webcam as well as some very easy programming questions) followed by CEO interview with current software engineers asking basic interview questions and discussing background

Interview Questions

• Basic background information about previous experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter within the company and was told to do a 3 hour online exam. He said if I had any questions just email him. I had a few questions before starting so I emailed him but never got a response. I did the online exam the following day. The online exam was very bizarre; there was no one on the other end and I had to record answers by speaking into my webcam. There was also 3 coding questions. About a week and a half later, I received an email from the same recruiter saying that I had passed the online exam and that he would call me within 48 hours to schedule an online whiteboard interview with one of their engineers.

I never received a call from the recruiter and any email I sent to him was met with radio silence. Very unprofessional. I spent 3 hours doing their HireVue exam so the least I expect is to at least get a followup email from the recruiter that they changed their mind or something instead of just ignoring me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

face to face via web app. Several programming logic questions were asked. There were questions about what I have worked on in the past and what I like to do. I had two interviews several weeks apart and it would have been nice to know that I would not be getting an offer. I thought the interviews went well but I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• I had to write code for a specific problem. I could chose the language   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first step is completing a 'do on your own time' within 5 days online interview. It had 7 questions, 3 code based and the last asked you to explain how you solved the last coding question. All but the code based questions give you a timer of a few minutes to read the question then you are recorded through the webcam for the allotted time they give you to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string, and capitalize correctly: Hello World -> Dlrow Olleh   Answer Question