IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hursley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hursley, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Online test, phone screen, and then on-site group exercises and one-on-one interviews. One-on-one interviews were very friendly. Only a little technical software stuff, no algorithm questions. Group interview was to present a plan to a client, which is pretty irrelevant, but it shows you can get on with people. Hardest bit was the online IPAT, which I would strongly recommend prepping for. Look up numerical series to get an idea.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult task/acted as part of a team   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Hard tests online but work quickly and don't get hung up on questions and they are not too bad. Assessment centre day then possibly a further telephone interview to match with a manager.

Interview Questions

• The general questions: Teamwork, Leadership etc. Example on each of the IBM competencies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hursley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Hursley, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Graduate recruiting process:
    1. Firsly, you need complete their given documents which will serve as you CV. It includes experience examples based on their values like Client Focus, Teamwork
    2. If you are successful with the CV screen, you will be sent a link for the online test which consists of numerical series (hard) and basic mathematical questions (easy-average). I believe you need to get 60-70% of questions right to pass the test.
    3. Last stage - assessment day in Hursley. We had to do another test (20 questions, 1 hour, tests your programming intuition but no actual programming questions). You have to prepare a presentation about yourself beforehand, and give that presentation on the assessment day to one of the interviewers. I had 3 or so group exercises: in a group decide which invention to bring to the technology fair, solve a puzzle where each team member had different clues about it, and the last one was having 3 interviewees in the room who try to answer behavioural questions one by one, and then everyone is allowed to add on that. Finally, there are 1-2 one to one interviews - mostly behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember exact questions, but they were mostly along the lines of "What would you do if..."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

very long and antagonising, the process began with me applying online then, once they chose me, i went in for an interview. i then sat down with the employer worker and he then asked me a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• have you had any experience being a software engineer at another corporation?   Answer Question