IBM Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

428 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have the web interview include 3 programming problems and 5 behavior problems. All of them are online. You need use a webcam to record you answer. When dealing with programming problem , it is better to do them on the IDE first, and then paste the answer to the web.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I got the online test, but its been almost two week, i haven't heard back from them yet. The online test included 3 coding problems and 5 video problems.
    Im still waiting for their feedback....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to 3 different "recruiters" and they rescheduled my Guide interview 3 times (sometimes HOURS before the interview was supposed to take place). Since I already had an offer from elsewhere, I just canceled the interview after the last time they rescheduled. The recruiter was very unhelpful and unprofessional and wrote with various grammatical and spelling errors, and even got my name incorrect more than once. Overall, a pretty frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you did recently where you felt challenged   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The skills test/interview was through Hirevue.
    There was a combination of answering questions about my experience and why I would be a good fit for the team as well as coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our team based on your experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Got the interview through employee referral. Was first have a regular recruiter phone interview. The whole process was within 30 mins, very straightforward and friendly. Then I received an online test for numbers and figures. Did not have further interviews tho.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online from Honor Society. After 2-3 weeks, I got an email for online assessment. It has 2 parts. Some behavior/java questions and 3 coding questions. The coding questions are not that hard... But I was so nervous and stuck at the I/O(bufferedreader) part...

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard interview practice, first is automated, second is with a developer, and third was a behavioral. They flew out candidates to a 2 day finish line event and made offers to 95% of the candidates. For those who didn't get offers, wasted two days listening to company baptizing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The first round of the interview was a phone screening. The recruiter interviewed me for about 30 minutes, asking me about my previous experience and background. He spent most of the time describing about the company, job role and work culture. He was very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your professional failures and its result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had an online application and review process followed by a multiple phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. The interview process covered technical capabilities along with customer support capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A couple phone screens with plenty of discussion on experience, past projects, etc. leading up to a single on-site that entailed meeting with multiple engineering teams, further discussion of experience and past projects followed by whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Given an aray with ['a1', 'a2', .....'aN', 'b1', 'b2', ....'bN', 'c1', 'c2', .....'cN'], stagger the subarrays so it becomes ['a1', 'b1', 'c1', 'a2', 'b2', 'c2', ...'aN', 'bN', 'cN']. The optimal solution requires linear-time sorting and a constant space complexity.   Answer Question