IBM Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied online, and got an OA online interview which includes 3 coding questions and 5 video question. Coding are fairly simple and video needs you more time to prepare. Overall it is very simple and you can prepare it by staring looking at some basic behavior questions online

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

the coding challenge is a little difficult than I expected, it took me three hours to finish it. Then one week I received an email. I am preparing for the second run.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 hour online interview, They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

This interview consisted of 2 phone interviews. The first with the direct manager I would be working under and the second of 6 partners within the team. Overall it was a friendly atmosphere and the questions were not fully technical, more about explaining my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked about past project and my background on resume for almost 10 minutes. The recruiter cared about why IBM and went specific into my answer. Answered a technical question. Gave me about five minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• function nStrStr(str1, str2)
      How many str1 appeared in str2
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a email to a Hirevue interview. The interview takes about 3 to 4 hours. You get 3 behavior questions and 3 programming exercises of 1 hour each. The programming exercises are fairly simple, some FizzBuzz problem and searching. It has been 6 weeks and I have not heard back from them yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

screen interview. It took almost two hours. some behavior question and data structure. There are three coding question and one question you need to explain your thought. the questions are basic but the coding are a little difficult.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

A recruiter came to my university to interview me. He seemed mostly interested in my overall skills, including soft skills. I shared my portfolio of work, and he asked me questions about what I wanted to do in the future. I was surprised IBM was interested in me because I'm not a computer science major, but it didn't seem to matter.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

5 Questions with response via video, 3 programming exercises. You are given 1 hour to complete each exercise and you are given multiple languages to choose from. Study Fizzbuzz problem, string parsing and comparisons, and tree traversal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Met the campus reps followed by the IBM hirevue process which takes 3 hours. They emailed me back after 4 weeks saying I am moving on to the next stage but then got full.