IBM Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Foster City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My friend referred me. Manager talked to me about my experience. Then there was one hour phone interview regarding node.js , Linux command and two coding questions.It went very good and manager invite me for an onsite interview. There was 2 round of 45 minutes including one round with manager. Manager did not ask much technical and another round was writing the test cases.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at IBM in May 2015.

Interview

Good company culture in the security division. A good place to learn and grow. Interview was very standard and allowed you to get a good feel for the office and what the work environment is like.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

A current employee introduced me to the hiring manager over email. The manager asked me to apply to the online posting for the position. We had a thirty minute phone conversation about my past projects and details about the position and the team. The manager asked what languages I was familiar with. There were no coding questions. After the phone screen I had to take a quiz (similar to the SAT) with no in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by 1:1 interview with some team mates and the manager

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions like:
      Difference between abstract class and interface
      Difference between map and hashmap
      Difference between hashtable and hashmap
      Syncronization
      Different thread states   Answer Question
    • Basic SQL questions like:
      Different kinds of joins
      normalization
      refrential Integrity
      Differnece between primary and unique key   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

- 2 rounds of interview . technical and management . There may be more interview based on project

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through recruit.net and was contacted by a HR through email to appear for an interview. the 1st level was done by a QA Lead and was technical. the 2nd level was scheduled for the next week and was done by QA Manager and was totally about my resume and a particular product that I worked on, which was similar to the product they were hiring for. The 3rd level was the toughest - by the Director of the Lab and it was really technical! However, being a student, I was able to answer them all.