IBM Software Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Software Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Absolutely perfect. Lots of interviews, about 9 which is par for the course with this caliber of company. Able to handle a few interviews by phone. Most interviews are face to face and some may fall on the same day. Interview time typically is about 2-3 weeks, followed by 2-4 weeks for an offer letter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Very hard.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, was astonished that I got a chance to work with them.

Software Sales Interview

Interview

Panel interview with two current managers. This was the vetting process to decide if I was going to get a second interview. From there I had a one on one with the second line manager who outlined the specific responsibilities of the job and salary compensation.

Interview Questions

• Can not recall any uncharacteristically difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was pleased with offer as it was on the high end of my expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview seem like a courtesy more than an actual oppty. Very broad based questions, tell me what you did and how that can be applied to this position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then one with the hiring manager. Then had an interview with a peer on the team which was a nice two way get a better feel for the job and the culture.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Online screen test. Then several phone interviews followed by several in person interviews with 3 levels of management. Lots of questions about sales process. How to close sales etc..,

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest $ sale experience? What was your best sales experience? What was your most difficult sale? How do you work with difficult customers? Trick question, how many Gas Stations are in USA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Required 2 weeks to work out.