IBM Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contract and Negotiation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. Then I didn't hear back for about a month. I then interviewed with the hiring manager and an associate. After this discussion I completed a test project. I never heard back despite several attempts to follow-up.

Mainframe Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

applied online; got called by Reviewer after a few weeks who then set up meeting at work site; met manager and one other who only engaged in personal chit-chat, nothing technical at all; neither seemed to have the knowledge to competently test my knowledge and even stated stuff that was totally inaccurate. Most of the discussions were just talk about living near the work site, where to live, entertainment highlights of the area, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

seemed to be desperate to obtain me and supplied falsehoods about the job so as to not scare me off. Stated there was education and advancement opportunites, of which there were none. Was unemployed for some time, so grabbed at the job. What a mistake! Should have asked for more than what they offered since raises or bonuses were unavailable.

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

This position was obtained through an internal hiring process. Candidates are interviewed by the hiring manager. Candidates are encouraged to apply based upon years of experience and qualifications. This position required in-depth product knowledge, ability to explain sales programs, and build/maintain relationships.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer relations issue?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

The career center at wy university gave my resume to the manager of a project that was hiring (my current boss). We spoke over the phone as an introduction to discuss the project and IBM in general. We had a formal interview about a week later that mainly consisted of a resume walk trough and a discussion of my past experience and education. There were brief questions about my skill with programs like Microsoft Excel and my ability to write for communication, but no technically challenging questions. Everyone I talked to was very open, straight forward, and helpful. I enjoyed the professionalism, courtesy, and timeliness of fun their communication with me. They offered me a job about a week after the interview, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the field of logistics and supply chain?   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and quick. Asked relevant questions related to the position and work. Cordial, multiple level interview process. Three different levels of technical interviews followed by Human Resources (HR) interview where the focus was more interpersonal skills and soft skills. The three different levels of technical interviews were conducted within 10 days. The feedback after every technical interview was prompt and was informed via the email about the next level of interview. Once all the technical interviews were done, i was informed about the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly Technical question surrounding the technology and different work streams that i had experienced. I was also asked about specific scenario based situations and how would i resolve those.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager agrees to interview, (either from referral or resume from website). A phone interview and an in person internview. Sometimes one more interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest failure in sales and what went wrong   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was locked in, only negotiated more weeks for vacation