IBM Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.7

Resource and Capacity Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Application - submit CV, transcript
    Aptitude test: typical online testing
    Face to face interview: first done with the HR person who forwarded me onto my manager.
    Face to face interview with manager: done with the manager that I would be working with

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your soft skills
      2. How do you interact with senior management
      3. What are your excel skills
      4. Can you do repetitive tasks
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations happened

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Process first involved taking a rigorous aptitude test online. It involved a lot of patterns and algebra to test numerical problem solving abilities. Next, I received a phone interview from abroad which seemed to just test whether you could hold a phone conversation. After a month or so I received another phone call from IBM HR staff and came for an interview. Following this, I was called back to interview with the hiring managers. It was a very professional experience.

Marketing Manager - Digital Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website and after 1 month I got a response.
    I had a short phone interview with the recruiter and she invited me to the office for an interview F2F with the manager.
    We had a talk for about 1 hour about the role and my previous experience. After they never contact me back.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eastwood (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Eastwood (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

4 steps:
    1. Phone-screening: they tell you on the spot if you pass
    2. Online Math Aptitude Test (3-minute time limit for each question and you're automatically locked out if you exceed the 3-minute time limit more than 2 times)
    3. Berlitz Language Assessment (Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing. Business elements included.)
    4. Personality Test (I know someone who got good results for the first 3 steps, but got disqualified coz he failed this part. Though interestingly enough, they called him up after about two months, but he already had an offer at a company that suited him more).
    5. Final Interview with 1st Line Manager

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions about your resume
      2. Greatest achievement
      3. Most difficult decision you made within the last 6 months
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Once you've passed the Language Assessment (the most important part of the recruitment process), they ask you over the phone if you'd be willing to accept their offer (which was lower than what I initially stated)
    You have to submit your previous payslips for them to assess the best offer for you
    If your previous job was a temp job, don't hesitate to tell them that this does not reflect your true economic worth, so to speak
    They're pretty generous, for a fresher who's a non-native speaker

They're supposed to follow up with you every step of the way (especially if you've gotten pretty far, i.e. taken the arranged Language Assessment with an external assessor). I didn't hear from them for a week, plucked up courage to follow up, and the whole process was since expedited. I suspect they thought I wouldn't agree to a salary that was P10K lower than what I'd asked for, in Step 1 (phone screening)

Graduate Global Technology Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application, followed by online aptitude test, and then phone interview. Shortly after, the assessment center stage involved a case study and then two interviews by business managers, who asked standard interview questions, lots of behavioral & technical questions.

The application process is as follows

Online Application
    Phone Interview
    Interview with HR
    Assessment Day & Interviews

Very positive experience

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, online test, very difficult and invitation to Assessment Centre, then interview with a Hiring Manager before receiving an offer. The process took in total 40 days including the offer.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

First an online application, followed by an IPAT test, quick phone screening, Interview with HR, Fast Track Day (assessment centre that includes a full day of group activities and presentations)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to adapt to changes?
      Favourite subject and why
      1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Quite challenging, but fair. Definitely gave the opportunity to showcase my personality and actions in various experiences I have had. Interviewer was very friendly and the atmosphere was quite relaxed.

It is nice that IBM has the whole process in an earlier timeframe compared to other graduate positions at other firms. Reached the interview stage not too long after the phone interview (which was not too long after the online test).

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a situation of conflict in a team and how you overcame it?

Mainly questions you would expect. No big curveballs.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Straightforward interview process with an entry level test that aimed at testing your logistical and analytical skills then standard face-to-face interview and assessment centre. Very experienced HR representatives held the situation well which led to a smooth and simple interview process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

After being phone reviewed and passing online testing, I got invited to a face-to-face interview. The office was very new and nicely situated. The questions were pretty standard, asking things about teamwork, personal skills and prior achievement. Nothing too difficult. The issue was the fact that I didn't receive a response from them either from e-mail or phone call. This was despite a seemingly strong interview and follow up email to ask of my status. The interviewer was very nice though and it would have been a great experience to work here.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you encountered a conflict in a group or team?   Answer Question